X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got To Be Careful Out There

Grant Cunningham - Author & Instructor

33 mins ·

I wish I could say this is the first time it’s happened. Heck, I’d be happy if it was the first time in this state! But it’s not. Firearms are a prize for a criminal; aside from being easy to sell on the street, they’re also a tool of their trade. That means they’re a target, and the person who possesses them may be an easy barrier to overcome.

Assaults, thefts, and even murders happen at communal shooting spots in the woods and deserts of this country. For those reasons, I recommend:

— never go alone
    — never leave any firearm unattended when you check or set targets
    — everyone should always have a loaded firearm on their person
    — be wary of anyone who wants to join you; unless you know them, it’s probably safer to leave immediately

Our rural areas are beautiful, but don’t let that beauty deceive you into believing that bad actors aren’t out there. Be prudent without being paranoid.

Man and woman killed in homicide in Mt. Hood National Forest, authorities say

"Authorities said the bodies were found near a shooting pit. Both individuals died of homicidal violence, according to the medical examiner."

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/cri...rlOnibapx3NnTY
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

But they had guns.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
      But they had guns.
      Show me... Armchair quarterbacks, anywhere in the article that it says they had guns.

They were near a shooting pit. Could have been hikers. Could have been a drug deal gone bad. Could have been taken out there to make it look like something else. You just don't f****** know if they had guns or not. And neither does Cunningham.
      ​​​
      Originally posted by mjkeat;
      The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jagdawg View Post

Show me... Armchair quarterbacks, anywhere in the article that it says they had guns.

They were near a shooting pit. Could have been hikers. Could have been a drug deal gone bad. Could have been taken out there to make it look like something else. You just don't f****** know if they had guns or not. And neither does Cunningham.
        ​​​
        Exacting right.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

I didn't say they had guns now did I

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't

Take it as an example of what could happen or don't, it's up to you

We do know that some BG's do acquire guns by stealing them

Maybe you can make yourself believe that this is the only time a gun theft was carried out in this manner

As we see here

"Authorities here believe it was Matix and Platt who surprised Jose Collazo, 30, on March 12 at a rock pit near the Everglades frequented by target shooters. They ordered him into a canal, shot him four times and left him for dead, taking Collazo’s revolver, rifle and black Monte Carlo."

https://www.apnews.com/e969f215f9092589692cc34eb1314bd6
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
            I didn't say they had guns now did I

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't

Take it as an example of what could happen or don't, it's up to you

We do know that some BG's do acquire guns by stealing them

Maybe you can make yourself believe that this is the only time a gun theft was carried out in this manner

As we see here

"Authorities here believe it was Matix and Platt who surprised Jose Collazo, 30, on March 12 at a rock pit near the Everglades frequented by target shooters. They ordered him into a canal, shot him four times and left him for dead, taking Collazo’s revolver, rifle and black Monte Carlo."

https://www.apnews.com/e969f215f9092589692cc34eb1314bd6
            Platt’s neighbors said last week he had argued loudly with his first wife, Regina, in the weeks before her death from a .12-gauge shotgun blast Christmas Eve 1984. Platt was home at the time. He said his wife was despondent over their marital problems and told police he had suspected Matix was having an affair with her.
            Wow!! What a huge shotgun!!
            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
            I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Okay, I'll behave. A very valid point about shooting alone in the wilds.

As an aside, I was watching a you-tube channel on unsolved homicides and found out that there is one from just west of Wakita that happened in 2013.
              Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
              The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
              I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Working...
              X