Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Another reckless and negligent gun owner."

Rob Pincus

Another reckless and negligent gun owner.

All you need to know is THIS:

“A woman came out with a gun as they walked up the driveway.”

Seriously: that’s all you need to know to know that she was wrong. Why would you walk outside your house with a gun drawn on a trespasser or any perceived threat? There is no justification for escalating the situation or exposing yourself to more danger. There is often a mindset behind most of these types of irresponsible actions, it’s not just ignorance. Sometimes it is a mindset of aggressive “justice seeking” and a misperception of power. Other times it is irrational readiness of being slighted/offended that escalates “you’re on my lawn” to a lethal incident. Regardless of the rationale this woman has for doing it, all Gun Owners should understand where she went wrong.

And now because she was untrained and uneducated in matters of SELF DEFENSE and Defense of Property, but did have gun (yay gun guys) she has to spend thousands of dollars on bail and legal fee's and might go to jail

Just having a gun isn't enough, get training because this kind of thing makes us all look bad

Wynne High School football players held at gunpoint while raising money for team

"Police took the teens home and arrested Kelly Monday after investigating the chaotic event. She's charged with four counts of aggravated assault, false imprisonment and endangering a minor."

https://wreg.com/2019/08/13/wynne-hi...wzCsISKeGTRhoA
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

50 some years ago a neighbor showed me his Colt Cobra he had for SD. It was in a sock in his sock drawer. He had fired it 6 times.

I was a young teen and did not know or question him on his training. There were few books on SD and the law available back in 1961. Hollywood and New York writers might know their local laws. But movies were always wrong 98% of the time.

Today there are good books but TV and movies have only recently had fingers out of the trigger guard. John Wayne's last movie, The Shootist, was the first time I can recall a movie saying don't load all six rounds.
    Last edited by Jim Macklin; 08-17-2019, 02:54.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Yeah, it does sound just a bit excessive.
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
      I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
        Yeah, it does sound just a bit excessive.
        What's the difference between what this woman did and what you said you'd do in the tv theft scenario Ricco presented?
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Refresh my memory, please, keat.
          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Comment

Refresh my memory, please, keat.
            I was only a week ago.

A quick overview. You just arrived home and are walking up your driveway with a loved one and you notice a dude walking away from your home with your tv.

Comment

As a matter of fact the scenario from USCCA was just posted on YouTube today

It is a short version, hardly any of what was talked about between the LEO and the Attorney in the longer USCCA video is presented here but there is enough for you to get an overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA641vItxpk&t=0s
              "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

I said that I'd draw my weapon in case the person tried something but I'd let him go. All right keat; it's your turn. What are the similarities that you see between what this woman did and what I said I'd do? Please be accurate.

Comment

As I mentioned before, the introduction of a lethal tool where it is inappropriate and unnecessary, i.e. bad decision making that is more likely to make a otherwise non threatening situation into a case of murder.

Comment

You're not answering my question., keat. Why am I not surprised at that?

Now, please answer me.

Comment

You're not answering my question., keat. Why am I not surprised at that?

Now, please answer me.

The introduction of a lethal tool, your firearm, the pew pew thing you tote around, into a situation where it was not only unnecessary but inappropriate and negligent. By doing so you turned a non life threatening event into one that is now more likely to end in murder.

If I recall in Ricco's scenario the criminal had not seen you and you had an easy and safe egress option. So like the dump lady leaving a safe area you refused to go to safety and in fact chose to escalate the situation as did the retarded woman in the story.
                      Last edited by mjkeat; 08-17-2019, 00:16.

Comment

Keat, I expected no better from you so, sadly, I can't say that I am surprised.

There are a number of differences too, that for some reason you failed to mention. In this case, the boys were innocent. In the earlier case, the man was guilty of both larceny and burglary. In this case the woman came out and threatened the boys with a gun. In the earlier case, no confrontation (hence, no escalation) took place. and the guy wasn't aware of the gun, which, as I stated then, was drawn just in case it was needed. In this case, the woman illegally detained the boys at gunpoint. In the earlier case, the BG walked away. In this case what the woman did was probably illegal as evidenced by her arrest. In the earlier case, a detention would have been legal while the police were called to the scene. Tactically, it is perhaps a different story, but perfectly legal, even if the burglar had seen me and my gun. Finally, in this case the woman came out of her house when she she didn't have to and confronted the boys, while in the earlier case, the meet, if it can be called such, was pretty much happenstance.

I stand by what I said earlier. It was an example of good, not bad, decision making, and you are just plain wrong here as you are in much of what you say in this forum. And that is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
                          As I mentioned before, the introduction of a lethal tool where it is inappropriate and unnecessary, i.e. bad decision making that is more likely to make a otherwise non threatening situation into a case of murder.
                          Burgarly is a criminal felony. Drawing a weapon and detaining a burglar is legal use of a lethal weapon to make a citizen's arrest. [ in Kansas, not in NY or NJ ]. State laws vary.
                          You can't shoot unless the burglar instigates lethal force.
                          But since most home owners have insurance, a new, better TV is better than hiring a lawyer.
                          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                          I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

Burgarly is a criminal felony. Drawing a weapon and detaining a burglar is legal use of a lethal weapon to make a citizen's arrest. [ in Kansas, not in NY or NJ ]. State laws vary.
                            You can't shoot unless the burglar instigates lethal force.
                            Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Presenting a lethal force tool into such a scenario is stupid, even more so when the criminal has no idea you're there and you have an easy method of egress.

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
                            But since most home owners have insurance, a new, better TV is better than hiring a lawyer.
                            Bingo.

You need to add, funeral costs. Not all good guys, even those with guns regardless of how much the NRA likes to push it, survive.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Presenting a lethal force tool into such a scenario is stupid, even more so when the criminal has no idea you're there and you have an easy method of egress.

Bingo.

You need to add, funeral costs. Not all good guys, even those with guns regardless of how much the NRA likes to push it, survive.
                              It is not stupid; it is a wise precaution.

Comment

Working...
                              X