No announcement yet.

Walmart to end certain gun, ammunition sales; asks shoppers not to open-carry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart to end certain gun, ammunition sales; asks shoppers not to open-carry

Clip from article:

"Walmart (WMT) is proposing bold changes to its gun policy that will end sales of certain weapons, following a deadly mass shooting at one of its stores in El Paso, Texas, and an incident days earlier at another location in Southaven, Mississippi.

The retail giant will continue to cater to sportsmen and hunters, but plans to end the sale of certain types of ammunition. That includes exiting the handgun category completely, and asking shoppers not to openly carry firearms into its stores — even in open-carry states.

In a company-wide email, Walmart said it will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber. Those are commonly used in some hunting rifles, but can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons.

In addition, Walmart said it will completely exit the handgun category by ending the sale of handgun ammunition — including in Alaska, the last remaining state where they had been available.

“We know these decisions will inconvenience some of our customers, and we hope they will understand. As a company, we experienced two horrific events in one week, and we will never be the same,” CEO Doug McMillon wrote in an email.

“Our remaining assortment will be even more focused on the needs of hunting and sport shooting enthusiasts,” he added. “It will include long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, much of the ammunition they require, as well as hunting and sporting accessories and apparel.”

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...170821146.html
    Originally posted by mjkeat;
    The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

What about 22 rimfire?
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

On secnd thought, I can go to academy and get all the ammo I need.
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
      I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Their right just like it's our right to withhold our business. It's an irrational decision in my opinion based on the fact guns are not the root problem. Plenty of other places to purchase range ammo.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Considering the Olathe store was just remodeled to include gun cases again? Yeah, they dont worry about profit. When that walmart quit carrying cci suppressor, I quit looking at gun stuff there. I MIGHT parouse the fishing aisles, but even that is rare.

Walmart, Dicks, REI, Gander... all places I dont need to spend money at. However, due to the ease, Walmart shall remain on my shoppable list.

I'm about to the point where I'll start buying 22subs online, completely eliminating my dependence on brick and mortar stores when it comes to banging.
          01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Oh, if only they had done this before the shootings! Just think how many lives would have been saved it the shooter couldn't have gotten his ammunition there! Ace2
            Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I'm sure that making WallyWorld a gun free zone won't attract killers who want to get even with the world by killing as many as possible.

There are plenty of brick and mortar FFLs in most states. Except for California's ammunition laws the Internet can supply what ever the people need in most states.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
              If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
              I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

I barely care enough to write .........................who cares............ wow, I dosed off a little just typing that

I haven't bought ammo at that store in years I had kinda forgot they sell ammo
                "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

I buy 99% of my ammo online anyway...have for years. I just thought it was funny how the inept writer threw in the term "short-barrel rifle ammunition".

More of "sign of the times" share than anything else.

Wonder if Academy and Cabela's/BassPro are stock companies... May be worth a look. Many folks are afraid to buy gun stuff online...maybe giving pro-2A or non- political stores a rush on arms and ammo - if actions like Wally World keep rolling.
                  Last edited by jagdawg; 09-04-2019, 02:05.
                  Originally posted by mjkeat;
                  The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

It's about time we had common sense restrictions on car parts

Anyone can just go to a car show and buy car parts, no questions ask

It might be an infringement on your precious little freedoms but if it saves just one life.......................

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-..._BTsOCUKkzTYUE

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                      Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

It's about time we had common sense restrictions on car parts

Anyone can just go to a car show and buy car parts, no questions ask

It might be an infringement on your precious little freedoms but if it saves just one life.......................

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-..._BTsOCUKkzTYUE

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart stops selling soft drinks to end diabetes.

Walmart stops selling electric wire and plumbing supplies to prevent electrocution and leaking plumbing. A proper license issued by teb state or federal government or both shall be required.

Walmart requires customers and employees to be nude to prevent concealed weapons.

Seriously, is Walmart claiming that any of the weapons used in mass killings came from Walmart? How do they know that?
                      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

We quit shopping at Walmart a few years ago and didn't even think much of it until now. Dillon's has better groceries and I don't need crappy B-grade wares from their electronics, automotive or pet section. Even the gun selection they DID have was B-grade crap that had a unique Walmart SKU. Plus... The idiots.
                        For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                        And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                        And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                        And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                        -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post
                          We quit shopping at Walmart a few years ago and didn't even think much of it until now. Dillon's has better groceries and I don't need crappy B-grade wares from their electronics, automotive or pet section. Even the gun selection they DID have was B-grade crap that had a unique Walmart SKU. Plus... The idiots.
                          Kroger owns Dillions and just copied Walmart.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Kroger is just the distributor Dillon's affiliated and uses. As far as I know, the Dillons are still here in Reno County and the Dillons still own Dillon's.
                            For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                            And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                            And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                            And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                            -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post
                              I'm pretty sure Kroger is just the distributor Dillon's affiliated and uses. As far as I know, the Dillons are still here in Reno County and the Dillons still own Dillon's.
                              Dillons has been under the Kroger umbrella since the 80's. It looks like Kroger parents 16 other brands, as well as Dillons. Everything from grocery, fuel, cellular, and jewelry.
                              01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X