Walmart to end certain gun, ammunition sales; asks shoppers not to open-carry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Oh, if only they had done this before the shootings! Just think how many lives would have been saved it the shooter couldn't have gotten his ammunition there! Ace2
    The government should pay me to study the correlation between the artificial ammunition shortages ala 2k9 and 2k12, to crime. I'd hypothesize that crime data reflects no change.

Now, where did I set that uncle sugar grant application paperwork?
    01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post

Dillons has been under the Kroger umbrella since the 80's. It looks like Kroger parents 16 other brands, as well as Dillons. Everything from grocery, fuel, cellular, and jewelry.
      That makes sense. They have a Fred Meyer jewelry store inside the Super Dillons in Hutch. They also have everything from clothing the banking and the Little Clinic walk-in medical place in the same store. I have to say though I'm pretty surprised that it stays as busy as it does in the little town of Hutchinson when Walmart is not far from it. It stays pretty packed until 9 or 10pm.

Our county guberment has just decreed that there can only be 1 Dollar type store within 1 sq mile because the quality of food they carry creates a "food desert". Just so we know the fat, lazy bastages are able to protect us from ourselves... Between that, the Medicaid leaches, gay community pride posters being shoved in their faces and outlawing practice shooting on County land, Hutch has almost everything that you could find in Illinois!
      Last edited by fixxer; 09-07-2019, 00:15.
      For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
      And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
      And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
      And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
      -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post
        I'm pretty sure Kroger is just the distributor Dillon's affiliated and uses. As far as I know, the Dillons are still here in Reno County and the Dillons still own Dillon's.
        When the Dillon's pharmacy charges co-pay and the insurance also pays, the refund check is Kroger.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Walmart here in Emporia never has any ammo in stock anyway. I quit buying there long ago. Open carrying in today's world is just asking for trouble IMHO. I'll just go on about my business.
          NRA Member

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson

“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

Comment

I haven't set foot in in Walmart since they made their announcement. Up til then, I was in there several times a week.

Other stores seem happy to take my money, so I'll continue making them happy I reckon.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
            Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by rgroves
            If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
            Originally posted by Ace
            Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

Comment

Carry concealed is to your tactical advantage. Walmart, NASCAR and others have shown their weakness. It will be to their disadvantage.

They've DONE SOMETHING. It will have zero effect on crime, violence or mass killimgs. It might even increase violent crime at Walmart as criminals think they are an easier target to rob.
              The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
              If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
              I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Kinda related, but my understanding is that, if you buy a gun at WalMart, a clerk is required to carry it out of the store for you (once long ago, when I bought a cheap black powder rifle, I was told the reason was so I wouldn't go to another part of the store, load it, and shoot somebody). So, if you buy a gun there, while discreetly carrying your CCH(s), and they follow their policy and are going to take your new purchase outside for you---wouldn't it be courteous to offer to let them carry your CCH(s) out also, just to preclude any violence in the store? Ace2
                Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  Kinda related, but my understanding is that, if you buy a gun at WalMart, a clerk is required to carry it out of the store for you (once long ago, when I bought a cheap black powder rifle, I was told the reason was so I wouldn't go to another part of the store, load it, and shoot somebody). So, if you buy a gun there, while discreetly carrying your CCH(s), and they follow their policy and are going to take your new purchase outside for you---wouldn't it be courteous to offer to let them carry your CCH(s) out also, just to preclude any violence in the store? Ace2
                  Try it and report back. Also, while you remove your CCW from its holster yell something like, this is a robbery, at the top of your lungs while pointing your gun directly at someone.
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

WMT can't get out of the way fast enough as far as I'm concerned...but, they'll be back...they always are.

President Ronald Reagan said it best, “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

Comment

Working...
                    X