X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "MAG DUMP! Lawful, or Excessive Force?"

From Branca

From the text

"A few days ago a video of a cell phone store robbery started going viral, in which the store clerk does a mag dump into the armed robber, and requests began to come into Law of Self Defense asking for my comment and analysis. So, buckle up, here we go."

"The robber almost immediately falls to the floor when engaged by the clerk, and so many of the rounds the clerk fires are at the fallen robber on the ground. The question then arises whether these later shots are legally justified, even if the first few shots were lawful self-defense. Were the first couple of shots fine, but the later shots excessive force not justified by law?"

There is video of the incident

https://lawofselfdefense.com/mag-dum...cessive-force/
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Decided to break down and check this out, couldn't get to the video or article. With the tiny bit of information available, one question comes up: What was the downed bad guy doing while he was on the floor? Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

J frame might of kept him out of trouble, eh?
      Originally posted by kscardsfan
      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Or caused him problems if it was emptied and more rounds were needed--unless he could do a quick reload, which of course will never be needed, according to our very own 'expert'. Ace2

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          Or caused him problems if it was emptied and more rounds were needed--unless he could do a quick reload, which of course will never be needed, according to our very own 'expert'. Ace2
          You've found a CCW incident where a reload has changed the outcome? Please share.
          Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

You've found a CCW incident where a reload has changed the outcome? Please share.
            Oklahoma City Pharmacist does a New York reload, then executes the already downed and unarmed bad guy. The reload resulted in a murder and prison sentence for the pharmacist.
            01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

What was the downed bad guy doing while he was on the floor? Ace2
              Nothing, he slightly moved one leg........but his pistol was under him

After the shot(s) that put the BG on the floor the clerk stood up and emptied his pistol into the BG while he was on the floor

The clerk did not reload, he got what I think was a phone and went out the door carrying his empty pistol

An aside, I have mentioned several times that Branca only leaves his posts up for 72 hours, after that only members can see them

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Is there audio on the video? If so, what if anything did the clerk say to the downed bad guy?

I've got too much of a real life to sit around for hours and watch YouTube; lotsa money to be won on computer solitaire---if they'll ever tell me where to cash it in. Ace2

Comment

Is there audio on the video? If so, what if anything did the clerk say to the downed bad guy?

I've got too much of a real life to sit around for hours and watch YouTube; lotsa money to be won on computer solitaire---if they'll ever tell me where to cash it in. Ace2
                  So, no response? Nobody knows? Not taking the discussion the right direction? Somebody's jimmies got rustled because of the passive-aggressive comment re: YouTube and having a life? Something else? Ace2

Comment

When painted in a corner, one canít reach the keyboard.
                    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

So, no response? Nobody knows? Not taking the discussion the right direction? Somebody's jimmies got rustled because of the passive-aggressive comment re: YouTube and having a life? Something else? Ace2
                      You're the instructor right?
                      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

I made a post once, maybe you missed, I'll repeat it just for you

I will show you the path, I might even walk down the path with you, at least for a while, but I will not carry you

There are numerous partial videos of the incident (by being lazy you missed the pertinent part of the video and the Use of Force attorneys breakdown) with accompanying news stories on Live Leak and Youtube

Comment

Glad you have time to live on YouTube--or sorry you have nothing better to do than live on YouTube, whichever applies.

So, is there audio on the video? If so, what if anything did the clerk say to the downed had guy? Ace2

So,

Comment

Still no reply? Let's make it simple; 'no', and that line of inquiry ends, 'yes' and the next question comes up. Ace2

Comment

Still no reply? Let's make it simple; 'no', and that line of inquiry ends, 'yes' and the next question comes up. Ace2
                              Ace, you donít question gods.

Comment

Working...
                              X