X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "14 (18) Years Ago, Tonight"

From KSCCW

https://www.facebook.com/KansasConce...type=3&theater

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

So, this is where it started.

We we had the radio on at Boeing and heard a plane hit the World Trade Center. My boss was at a manager meeting, and I knew where a third shift guy hid his tv. Turned in on just in time to see the second plane hit.

I went out out back of plant 2 and had a few smokes before I went home. Still remember the duck at MacArthur and Hoover had gas over four bucks a gallon.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I was on manuevering watch on a submarine heading out to sea when the Captain announced what was going on. We didn't get to see the news until over a month later.
      For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
      And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
      And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
      And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
      -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

My family woke me up and turned the TV on just in time to see the second plane hit/

It was obviously a terrorist attack.
        The network news media and Democrat Party remembered about 3 days.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Was working at the archery/bait shop, a friend called and told me turn on the TV. Saw video of the first plane, and thought it had to be intentional; then the second plane hit. First thought was that the A-rabs have opened season on themselves. Second thought was thank goodness Bush won the election. If AlGore had been president, we'd be apologizing to them and the women would all be wearing burkhas within six months (though I didn't know what a burkha was yet).

And it ain't over yet. Ace2
          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ace;n1112779. Second thought was thank goodness Bush won the election. If AlGore had been president, we'd be apologizing to them and the women would all be wearing burkhas within six months (though I didn't know what a burkha was yet).

And it ain't over yet. Ace2[/QUOTE]

I thought that too, till I saw what the Patriot Act did
            Originally posted by kscardsfan
            Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
            X