Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Philadelphia Transit Police Scrap SIG Sauer Pistols....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Philadelphia Transit Police Scrap SIG Sauer Pistols....

.... After Incident"

And it happens again

I mean c'mon just buy Glocks first and save the time, money and aggravation with Sig's or whatever else is really cool at the moment

"Transit police officers in Philadelphia will no longer carry SIG Sauer pistols after a weapon allegedly fired without a trigger pull."

"On Aug. 26, SEPTA officials say an officer’s SIG Sauer P320 pistol discharged while still in its holster during rush hour inside of a subway station. No one was injured in the incident, and an investigation remains ongoing."

"However, the agency is pulling its entire inventory of 350 P320 pistols out of service, and will replace them with Glock pistols."

https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelph...ident#stream/0
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Really, All by itself?
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

I have my doubts about the gun discharging inside the holster without the trigger being pressed. At least it ends well.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Well, when you have a half-cocked hammer......

(Not familiar with all the different Sig models; is the P320 a Glock clone?) Ace2
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

It's absolutely not a Glock, Glock's are boring, all Glocks do is shoot

The Sig is way cooler, it's the modular do everything have it your way pistol

"Modular" is the new military buzz word

It's the new cool guy that everyone want's to date until it fires when it's not supposed to, maybe a case of premature......well, you know

The military wanted modular so much they overlooked the problems during the tests, so far there have been at least two law suits brought against Sig for these problems

But hey, it's new, it's cool, what else could you want
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
            .... After Incident"

And it happens again

I mean c'mon just buy Glocks first and save the time, money and aggravation with Sig's or whatever else is really cool at the moment

"Transit police officers in Philadelphia will no longer carry SIG Sauer pistolsafter a weapon allegedly fired without a trigger pull."

"On Aug. 26, SEPTA officials say an officer’s SIG Sauer P320 pistol discharged while still in its holster during rush hour inside of a subway station. No one was injured in the incident, and an investigation remains ongoing."

"However, the agency is pulling its entire inventory of 350 P320 pistols out of service, and will replace them with Glock pistols."

https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelph...ident#stream/0

"after a weapon fired without a trigger pull"? Bullsh**. Who benefits from the change to Glocks? Who's paid off who? Follow the money, folks. It's graft all the way down.
            "In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GMC70 View Post

"after a weapon fired without a trigger pull"? Bullsh**. Who benefits from the change to Glocks? Who's paid off who? Follow the money, folks. It's graft all the way down.
              You really need to take a look at all the problems the Sig 320 has had, Dallas PD recalled their P320's

The Sig 320 failed the military drop tests, that's okay though, it's modular

Sig makes a great looking firearms and has all the bells and whistles gun guys like, there marketing is extraordinary

Comment

Originally posted by GMC70 View Post

Sig has been ****ting the bed in QC. They've been losing contracts for a whil .
                01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                  It's absolutely not a Glock, Glock's are boring, all Glocks do is shoot

The Sig is way cooler, it's the modular do everything have it your way pistol

"Modular" is the new military buzz word

It's the new cool guy that everyone want's to date until it fires when it's not supposed to, maybe a case of premature......well, you know

The military wanted modular so much they overlooked the problems during the tests, so far there have been at least two law suits brought against Sig for these problems

But hey, it's new, it's cool, what else could you want
                  I don't believe it's cool within circles where people have higher chances of being forced to use their handgun.
                  -----

SIG a lesser handgun compared to the Glock, and other options, is replaced by Glocks and someone cries about people being paid off.

Comment

A thought comes to mind: When somebody tries to holster a Glock and it goes off, leaving a scar down the leg, it's called a 'Glock leg'; when holstering it in a AIWB and it goes off, he's called a soprano; if a Sig makes the same type of scar down the leg, is it called a Sig line? Ace2
                    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

It “went off”. That’s what people who pulled a trigger when they shouldn’t say. The source is NPR, the famed gun authorities? 350 guns pulled from service because one officer says “did I do that”.

Would love to to see the investigation, but no one here ever does the follow through, just post the shiny headlines.
                      Originally posted by kscardsfan
                      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                        It “went off”. That’s what people who pulled a trigger when they shouldn’t say. The source is NPR, the famed gun authorities? 350 guns pulled from service because one officer says “did I do that”.

Would love to to see the investigation, but no one here ever does the follow through, just post the shiny headlines.
                        I'm looking forward to reading your report after you've do e all the research. Holding my breath...

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

I'm looking forward to reading your report after you've do e all the research. Holding my breath...
                          Yeah, like he could do any research passed the nacho dip label

Comment

Past. Effing moron.
                            Originally posted by kscardsfan
                            Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                              Past. Effing moron.
                              Prove me wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X