So, I did everything wrong.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I did everything wrong.

Iíve been working on the Tahoe with the garage door open. I went in the house to gap a plug in good light, and when I went out there was a strange truck in my driveway.

Now I know I should crawl in my bathtub with my AR, but I am a dummass. I walked to the truck, nobody was in it except a beautiful pitbull.

Mistake two, there was a strange car at my neighbors with a flat tire and a man helping a young lady.

Mistake three. I made contact. He was a Good Samaritan helping a girl with a flat, and parked in my driveway.

I thanked him for being a good person. I also left him paper towels to clean up, and a dog treat.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
    I’ve been working on the Tahoe with the garage door open. I went in the house to gap a plug in good light, and when I went out there was a strange truck in my driveway.

Now I know I should crawl in my bathtub with my AR, but I am a dummass. I walked to the truck, nobody was in it except a beautiful pitbull.

Mistake two, there was a strange car at my neighbors with a flat tire and a man helping a young lady.

Mistake three. I made contact. He was a Good Samaritan helping a girl with a flat, and parked in my driveway.

I thanked him for being a good person. I also left him paper towels to clean up, and a dog treat.
    Good on you bud. Almost always how it'll turn out.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

I’ve been working on the Tahoe with the garage door open. I went in the house to gap a plug in good light, and when I went out there was a strange truck in my driveway.

You don't have a light on your workbench, how odd, I don't think I've seen a workbench without a light......but whatever works best for you

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

You don't have a light on your workbench, how odd, I don't think I've seen a workbench without a light......but whatever works best for you
        I thought that odd as well. I have 4 of those twin bulb led 4 ft. light fixtures over my work bench in the garage. They're under $20 each and have lasted a couple years and counting. It's bright as heck in there.

Comment

My script glasses were in the house.
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

My script glasses were in the house.
            "I went in the house to gap a plug in good light,"

Odd, it says here that you went in the house because of "good light", oh well, as long as YOU know what you meant

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Fukk U. I just donít know what else to say.

Comment

Dangit, Tom, you know that since you have converted over to a MSFP in 9mm and, by your own statement, understand that when a threat is possible you're supposed to hide; but why are you getting grumpy with them because now they want to instruct you on proper workbench setup? I mean, the least you could do is apologize for not having a spare set of glasses on the bench. Gee whiz! Ace2
                Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  Dangit, Tom, you know that since you have converted over to a MSFP in 9mm and, by your own statement, understand that when a threat is possible you're supposed to hide; but why are you getting grumpy with them because now they want to instruct you on proper workbench setup? I mean, the least you could do is apologize for not having a spare set of glasses on the bench. Gee whiz! Ace2
                  Mr. Instructor, what would suggest he have done or not have done?

Comment

Fukk U. I just don’t know what else to say.
                    LOL. What? You don't keep a tactical spotlight in your pocket to illuminate the block? What kind of person are you that you can't spare one dime to placate the tactical nerds???

You should be ashamed.

And also, was that a gluten-free dog treat? You can't go around; all willy-nilly, feeding dogs gluten like you own the joint, even though technically you did. You gotta placate the PETA nutritional nerds too.

And as if all that wasn't enough: All for the sake of tuning up your gas-guzzling, high-emissions vehicle. Nobody drives a truck or an SUV anymore if they care about the polar ice caps.

You gotta get up in the morning and ask yourself: What can I do today to offset my my carbon footprint for the gluten-sensitive animals while carrying the requisite tactical coolness?

For shame. You might as well be clubbing a baby seal with a non-tactical baseball bat, while drinking an all-American, high fructose corn syrup-laden
                    Coca Cola, eating GMO. Or as Bill Cosby the serial date-rapist called it, "having a coke and a smile".

And yes, Cold Steel does sell the finest plastic tactical baseball bat that little Korean fingers can package. A bunch of Amazon reviews from violence geeks can't be wrong. I'm just waiting for that old Eastman that I picked up at a garage sale to break so I can justify a tactical black, plastic bat. But then again, if it does break, it will probably be the end of my baseball bat to the head career. I'll make myself a baseball jersey and hang it up for number retirement.

On that note, I finally found a No Trespassing sign to post on our property. It's supposed to be for Halloween I think but it just kinda works all year long for me. My wife said a couple of bullet holes will make it perfect. I'll see what I can accommodate with with a 45 without knocking all the paint off. I'll bet I can bullseye that "O" pretty effectively. It might not be "efficient" in 45, so BONUS beeeatches!
                    Last edited by fixxer; 09-14-2019, 00:13.
                    For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                    -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Honest, the whole story seems a little strange

But anyway

Me, I would have gone back in the house and called the police

If it was nothing, cool, if was something, I'm away free and clear, no fight, no hospital or morgue, no arrest, no lawsuit, no downside

My life would go on same as always

Comment

Where was the fight, hospital or morgue, arrest, lawsuit, or any downside mentioned?

Oh, wait, it coulda happened; so yep, he shoulda gone and hid. But then the poor doggie woulda missed his treat. Ace2
                        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          Where was the fight, hospital or morgue, arrest, lawsuit, or any downside mentioned?

Oh, wait, it coulda happened; so yep, he shoulda gone and hid. But then the poor doggie woulda missed his treat. Ace2
                          So why do you think that risking going to jail and/or being sued is preferable to calling the police

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                            Honest, the whole story seems a little strange

But anyway

Me, I would have gone back in the house and called the police

If it was nothing, cool, if was something, I'm away free and clear, no fight, no hospital or morgue, no arrest, no lawsuit, no downside

My life would go on same as always
                            To paraphrase Josie Wales, dyin ainít much of a living.

Neither is being scared of your own shadow

Does your local PD have you on the Fruit Loops list yet?

Comment

911, what is your emergency?

ĒThere is a beautiful dog in a truck in my driveway and the guy is helping a woman change a tire. Send SWAT as fast as you can. Iíll be hiding in the bathtub with my tactical book bag ď

Comment

Working...
                              X