KS State fair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KS State fair

Iím surprised this has not come up. Some country singer had a rider in his contract that called for weapon searches, and caused a train wreck at the gate because this is KS, and we carry.

The head shed shed at the fair was on tv saying the fair would have to tighten their weapons policy in order to get quality (giggle) acts to commit the news reporterette said she saw 17 people OC and dozens with scary bulges under their T shirts.

The grandstand is outdoors, it can not be posted. How do they enforce this?
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

How about ask nicely for people to not carry? Something like '[Whoever] will be appearing at the Fair, and is afraid their performance will be so bad you might get angry; so please, would you please abrogate you rights and please leave your guns at home, so [whoever] won't need to feel threatened? And if you are a nutjob and plan to do a mass shooting, please don't.' Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I don't go where my weapon is not welcome. We should ditch the snowflake "Stars". The fair is for the people of Kansas not the performers and the wimps.

Comment

From the KSF website FAQ's:

Can I bring firearms?
        State law allows for the open-carry and concealed-carry of handguns on the Kansas State Fairgrounds. The only exception is the Billy Currington concert on 9/7 at the Nex-Tech Wireless Grandstand, where all firearms are prohibited. Bags will be inspected at grandstand entrances.
        Hope this helps.
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
        The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
        I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Well... I guess they didn't search anyone on the 8th or I would have told them to go piss in their hats.
          For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
          And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
          And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
          And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
          -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
            From the KSF website FAQ's:

Hope this helps.
            They have made it a trespassing issue. Funny folks think Country music is the soul of America.
            Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

They have made it a trespassing issue. Funny folks think Country music is the soul of America.
              Yeah.... I think that whole genre took a turn South when... -Billy Ray Cyrus- Then idiots like the Dixie Chicks thought they were speaking on behalf of rural America I'd rather shovel manure than listen to the crap that passes as country today. I was brought up in the country, still hate cities and the idea of living in town... Give me Bluegrass or Folk, Funk, Blues, Rock, Metal, etc and I'm content but turn on some of this rockabilly or autotune pop crap and I can't even concentrate.
              Last edited by fixxer; 09-25-2019, 23:56.
              For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
              And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
              And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
              And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
              -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Public TV will play some classic country on Austin City Limits. Not a C and W fan, but I find myself watching Merle, Willie Jonnie and the like. Iím sure their labels have an anti gun rider.

I Watched Willie at the Cotillion, and he was the only one allowed to smoke.

I watch NASCAR for crashes, and football to see someone have their knee bend the wrong way. Iíll get my morals and politics elsewhere.

Comment

re: post #5, couple years ago, I asked here about Silver Dollar City. Turned out they had signs galore prohibiting carry. At the gate, they checked Momma's big purse, didn't give me a second look. Same with pretty much everybody I saw going in--looking through purses and back packs, nary a glance at guys or gals wearing jackets or coats. Probably a good thing; coulda been embarrassing for somebody. Ace2
                  Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Working...
                  X