Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howard Leight Impact Sport ElectronicHoward Leight Impact Sport Electronic Earmuffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Leight Impact Sport ElectronicHoward Leight Impact Sport Electronic Earmuffs

Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Earmuffs

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/18...UaAjLiEALw_wcB

They don't work for me. I had my wife try them and they work for her so it's me and not the muffs.

Any thoughts?
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Like you dont hear the amplification?
    01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Depending on how your glasses fit, prescription or otherwise,, any muffs can create a gap where they fit over the arms of the glasses. Whenever I put on my my muffs, I have to really adjust and push down on both sides to make sure I get the best seal possible.

If your glasses have thicker arms, it can create a wider gap. Wider gap = more noise sneaking through.

What specifically about them did not work for you?
      Last edited by jagdawg; 10-06-2019, 22:43.
      Originally posted by mjkeat;
      The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

Gary,

Do you currently use any daily hearing appliances?
        For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
        And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
        And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
        And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
        -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post
          Gary,

Do you currently use any daily hearing appliances?
          Just my cochlear implant. I took it off at first, and the muffs didn't work at all then I put it back on and they worked a little better.

I emailed my audiologist and I should hear something back from her fairly soon. She's one of us.
          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
          I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

I noted in the other thread about muffs and plugs that I recently picked up a set of Walker's electronic ear buds, model GWP-RPHE, got them on sale at Midway. Comes with three sizes of ear buds to slide over the microphone; but the small size was too big to get deep enough into my ear canal to stay, so I modified them by taking the plugs off of an inexpensive set of those string-attached plugs--don't remember the brand, but it's those real common ones with the fluorescent green plastic line. Just pulled them off the string, slid them over the little mic stem on the Walker's, then clipped the end of the plugs to expose the little hole. Tried them at the range over the weekend, with the little nephew. They worked great, didn't come loose during the activity, blocked the boomies from AR15, and two .44Mag rifles (didn't get to shoot pistols because it started to rain). At one point, while he was preparing to shoot his big .44, I could hear some turkeys talking back in the brush--with the ears on, not with them off. (Funny, turkeys are supposed to be spooky, but these were talking before and after he fired several shots---which has nothing to do with the plugs, except for the fact that I could hear them with the volume turned up, couldn't hear them with the 'naked ear'.)

Maybe give them a chance. Less than a hundred bucks ($65 or so as I recall, got mine for under $50). If you try them and don't like them, I'd give you your money back for them. Ace2

p-
            Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

Just my cochlear implant. I took it off at first, and the muffs didn't work at all then I put it back on and they worked a little better.

I emailed my audiologist and I should hear something back from her fairly soon. She's one of us.
              That's an excellent idea.

I think they might be missing some requisite pressure changes that an implant may need to process properly. Also, the lower end freq of the audio tends to be clipped by the ear-pro's active suppression by design. Lower frequency travels better, so you are likely used to hearing the lower frequencies and the ear-pro is bringing nothing to the table by pumping up the higher frequencies.

Ambient sound becomes "tinny" to average users of active noise suppression because of this.

I hope she can help. I hate to think I recommended something to you that you cannot use.
              Last edited by fixxer; 10-07-2019, 00:31.
              -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Yeah, I completely forgot about the implant as well.

Fixxer, have we lost our touch?
                01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post
                  Yeah, I completely forgot about the implant as well.

Fixxer, have we lost our touch?
                  Yeah, I feel a bit bad about this. That was a big supposition to make. I work with someone that has to use hearing appliances due to a congenital condition.

OSHA still makes her wear hearing protection when traversing through machinery spaces.
                  -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Working...
                  X