CBD and ATF or KS AG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBD and ATF or KS AG

Got a newsletter today with some interesting info. Sent a copy to Chas Klebe at KS CCH ofice.
    AINsight: CBD and Flying

You can’t look online or talk to friends or coworkers without being besieged with “information” and anecdotal testimonials on CBDs. I am asked virtually every day in my AME practice about pilots' use of CBD products.
    Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the flowers of the cannabis plant (marijuana). Purported uses include everything from arthritis relief, stress reduction, and as a sleep aid, among others.
    These products are often found in the form of CBD oil. CBD derived from hemp oil is supposed to contain less than 0.3 percent THC, but there is no true oversight of the actual production of CBD oil. So you really don’t know how much THC there will be in any CBD product.
    FAA representatives have stated more than once that they cannot specifically prohibit pilots from using CBD products. But remember that the active ingredient in marijuana is THC. The FAA is quite clearly not endorsing the consumption of THC— marijuana and its active component, THC, are still a federally illegal drug.
    Until CBD products are more strictly regulated, pilots need to first and foremost protect their careers. You do not want to risk both your pilot and medical certificates by taking a product that is unregulated and could contain enough THC to cause a positive DOT test.
    Read more
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

I would love to try CBD for my arthritis, but work for a company that drug screens. Don’t want to take the chance.
    Be realistic. It's only a matter of time until you hurt yourself.

Comment

Pure spectrum cbd is tested by 3rd party labs and is guaranteed to be THC free. There are options.
      01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatmo View Post
        I would love to try CBD for my arthritis, but work for a company that drug screens. Don’t want to take the chance.
        It may be great IF pure and certified THC free. But unlike tests 50 years ago tests today get parts per million and as you say, why take a chance on some unknown product. Why take a chance.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Jim, what is the allowable amount of THC in a specimen before it is a failed test?

I took a DOT drug test Friday, I know the answer.
          Last edited by Not so big Tom; 10-12-2019, 16:34.
          Originally posted by kscardsfan
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

That article actually gave me AIDs. They provide one data point.
            01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatmo View Post
              I work for a company that has a truly random test as well. They call and you go to the nearest certified DOT 5 panel drug screening facility anywhere in the US by close of business day or you will be unemployed. I have used the CBD oil topoial for arthritis in my knees. The pharmacist insisted it was the best on the market. I paid $50 for snake oil from a pharmacy. I am certain that it is a placebo for people who wabt to believe anything related to Cannibis is magical.

I wouldn't waste your money unless you're one of those people who are blessed with a high susceptibility to suggestion. If that is that is the case, then the mind is a powerful thing and good for you.
              Last edited by fixxer; 10-12-2019, 21:29.
              For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
              And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
              And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
              And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
              -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Wildcat, none of the test panels are zero tolerance, they all allow very small amounts in your test sample.

I have no experience with CBD, but my wife took Kratom for arthritis in her fused ankle based on a coworkers success with the same. It got her by till she got a cortisone shot, and is not hemp derived. The scary part is the freak show behind the counter giving medical advise.
                Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

Depends on the testing method. Cut offs depend on the employer and testing method. I have had employees that claim they are using a CBD product have a positive Emit and then the confirmation show a 15 ng/ml or less which is below the cutoff of 50 ng/ml we use. A link that looks trustworthy to me.
                  https://ipassedmydrugtest.mobi/drug_cutoff_levels.html

Makes for a stressful time for both employee and employer working through these grey areas being created by Cannabinoids and products being used legally and illegally. Makes me wander if it’s worth it...maybe when and if Cannabinoids use becomes as common and legal as alcohol use.
                  Last edited by Dmog; 10-13-2019, 01:53.
                  Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

gladium habens libertatem habet

Comment

Dmog, a DOT follows strict consistent rules. It is out of the employer’s hands.

Comment

Yes they do. DOT is black and white on that. When you have Teamster drivers under DOT and operational employees under another set of rules and/or union agreements makes a dual standard for some employers and employees.
                      Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

gladium habens libertatem habet

Comment

There are many possibilities, most bad.
                        Federal Government includes ATF and FAA. State and local government includes carry licenses. Private companies have job/hiring standards.
                        Testing today cab detect parts per billion when some laws were written parts per thousand was all that could be detected. I'm not sure if all these laws have been updated.

Cops making an arrest or search in a drug house probably inhale or absorb by skin contact enough to fail a drug test. That explains why they always put on blue gloves before touching a suspect or searching.

The federal laws says "illegal user" and state laws mimic.

Just be careful out there.

Comment

Or maybe, if you have joint pain, just grind up an emu and rub the oil on your joints; TV says it works. No laws against rubbing dead bird juice on yourself, as far as I know; but not sure I believe that 'you won't stink' part. I've smelled a lot of dead birds. Ace2
                          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I seriously doubt that you will ever pop positive on a DOT 5-panel urinalysis for taking properly tested CBD supplements. We've discussed this at work. I know no one that has popped positive and I'm talking about a group that gets screened often. Several take or have been wasting money on CBD that didn't work for them. 1 says it helps him with migraines but I suspect it is his brain making that happen (and it doesn't matter as long as it is working and not making you sick, placebo or not)..
                            ​​​​​​
                            Either way, for osteoarthritis, the only thing that works for me is Meloxicam but since it is a high test NSAID, I don't have to worry about what all some flybynight put in it.

Buy from a reputable source; i. e. not a vape shop, head shop or convenience store and try for yourself. Their are plenty of topicals out there as well. I don't condone them but we're all walking chemistry experiments who react differently. There is no detectable THC in the legit stuff to incur high marijuana metabolite markers; but again, you have to look closely at what your buying and make sure that it is properly 3rd party tested for THC levels.

Is it worth the anxiety or if you're predisposed to worrying about your employment? I wouldn't think so but I can't answer for anyone but myself.
                            Last edited by fixxer; 10-14-2019, 06:05.
                            For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                            And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                            And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                            And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                            -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

And besides, isn't Kansas a no tolerance state? What amount of detectable THC get a retailer shut down?
                              President Ronald Reagan said it best, “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

Comment

Working...
                              X