Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colt 6920: The very best, cost vs. return, AR there is.
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/CO6920.aspx

If you feel you don't "need" a dust cover or forward assist. M&P15 Sport.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

$45 AR Blem Lowers, $85 BCG

I found a site that has $45 blem lowers and $85 complete bolt carrier groups. Both are listed as "in stock".

I am not associated with www.ar15brick.com in any way, just wanted to pass the information on to any who might be interested. Mods please move if this is not the appropriate forum.
      Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

Found this site and thought it was too handy not to share.
        It pulls from a ton of websites for pricing and in-stock status.
        Great resource for anyone looking at doing an AR build.

http://www.arpartsfinder.com/index.htm

Comment

You must answer the question... What do you want/expect the gun to do? An AR can be made from 7075T6 or 6061, even plastic for the upper and lower Do you need a $150-$300 trigger to plink cans at 50 yards or is all you need is a safe trigger and safety selector.
          Do you need a chrome lined barrel if you can clean the gun every few hundred rounds?
          You DO want a stock and hand guard that is comfortable. Maybe a rubber pad so the gun can be stood in the corner and won't slide on your shoulder or the floor.

Unless you buy parts in bulk you can't get the parts near the same price as a factory that makes 500-1,000 guns day/week.

Lots of people need A gun. Waiting for the best gun might men you don't have the gun you need when the flag goes up.

Look for enough gun. If you get a blem that is good materials ( 7075 ) you might be able to see the blemish, but it will save money. If you buy a "factory" gunthere might be a dealer gun with some different after-market parts.

If you want an AR to shoot ground hogs at 300-600 yards you need a good trigger and a scope. But many people just need an AR that "looks" effective when a gang invades your home.

Besides, you'll buy more after-market prices over the year/years as you find something new you need.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
          I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
            You must answer the question... What do you want/expect the gun to do? An AR can be made from 7075T6 or 6061, even plastic for the upper and lower Do you need a $150-$300 trigger to plink cans at 50 yards or is all you need is a safe trigger and safety selector.
            Do you need a chrome lined barrel if you can clean the gun every few hundred rounds?
            You DO want a stock and hand guard that is comfortable. Maybe a rubber pad so the gun can be stood in the corner and won't slide on your shoulder or the floor.

Unless you buy parts in bulk you can't get the parts near the same price as a factory that makes 500-1,000 guns day/week.

Lots of people need A gun. Waiting for the best gun might men you don't have the gun you need when the flag goes up.

Look for enough gun. If you get a blem that is good materials ( 7075 ) you might be able to see the blemish, but it will save money. If you buy a "factory" gunthere might be a dealer gun with some different after-market parts.

If you want an AR to shoot ground hogs at 300-600 yards you need a good trigger and a scope. But many people just need an AR that "looks" effective when a gang invades your home.

Besides, you'll buy more after-market prices over the year/years as you find something new you need.
            What the **** Jim?
            Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Seemed clear to me. Red the title of the tread.
              The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
              If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
              I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Zombie thread alet!
                Originally posted by Turbobuddha
                The eyes can lie. I've seen it. There are some truly sick people out there and if you look in their eyes, you'll see loving kindness, while their hands are making animal balloons with your intestine.
                Originally posted by Over40andA40
                I believe you need to revaluate your existence within our community here and perhaps disconnect yourself from those of us still living in the REAL world.

Comment

Working...
                X