7.62X38r

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.62X38r

Does anyone know where to buy 7.62X38r ammunition? I have found 1 place on the web but they are out and don't know when they will have more.
    thanks for any help.

Cheaper Than Dirt lists Manufacturer: Fiocchi 762A
    Item: 34155
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/34155-5.html

Gogle 7.62x38r ammo got 480 hits
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Thank you Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by BE1900Mech View Post
        Thank you Jim.
        You're welcome. Lots of places on the Internet may advertise low, low prices because they either don't have any ammo in stock or they just want your money and don't even have any product for sale.

Don't remember which thread it was, might have been "best 38 loads" but there was a note about one dealer selling 500 rounds for a couple hundred dollars less than somebody else.

Have you shot that Nagant yet?
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

No, it is my fathers. He got it about a month ago and hasn't had any luck finding ammunition for it so i thought i would try and bring some when i go home later this year and shoot it then. Thanks again.

Comment

I've heard they are nicely made. But power is like a standard 32 Long Colt.

Comment

Hopefully I will get the chance to find out if I can make it home.

Comment

SOG has reloadable ammo as well:

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammo.htm
                (Scroll down a little)

Comment

7.62x38 ammo and an extra

At the gun show today, 2nd Amendment Trading from Douglass, KS has 3 boxes of loaded commercial factory ammo. In Butler County

They also have several 32 Special chambered cylinder for the Nagant revolver which can be used to shoot easily available 32 Special ammo.

phone Shawn Moore 316 776 2585 or Tim Moore 316 305 1220
                  Last edited by Jim Macklin; 08-03-2008, 12:08. Reason: Douglass not Douglas

Comment

Correction

Correction

Douglass with two ss, in Butler County, not Douglas with one s up near Topeka.

Comment

What exactly is the 32 special? I have heard of the 32 S&W, the 32 S&W Long, the 32 H&R magnum, and the new 327 Federal magnum. Is it one of these?
                      The only 32 Special that I know of is the 32 Winchester Special, but that is a rifle cartridge.
                      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                        What exactly is the 32 special? I have heard of the 32 S&W, the 32 S&W Long, the 32 H&R magnum, and the new 327 Federal magnum. Is it one of these?
                        The only 32 Special that I know of is the 32 Winchester Special, but that is a rifle cartridge.
                        It was late. Forgive me. S&W names so many of their stuff Special.

But how many 32s do you have... not a question, but an acknowledgment for a collector of special 32s. NYPD, HK Police,

Mosin Nagant revolver in 7.62, not .32 convert. - Gun and Game Forums

Apr 27, 2008 ... Bottom line: the plus to shooting .32 S&W instead of 7.62 Nagant is easier ammo availability and lower cost. The minus to shooting .32 S&W ...
                        www.gunandgame.com/forums/mosin-nagant/51669-mosin-nagant-revolver-7-62-not-32-convert.html - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

New .32 ACP Nagant Conversion Cylinder--Range Report - THR

Nov 11, 2006 ... New .32 ACP Nagant Conversion Cylinder--Range Report Handguns: Revolvers. ... I did buy a box of .32 S&W to try it out with though. ...
                        www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=230814 - 69k - Cached - Similar pages

The Guns Network LLC ~ Discussion Forums - .32 S&W Long and Nagant ...

Jan 30, 2008 ... Can you safely shoot .32 S&W Long out of the 7.62 Nagant Revolver? .... .32 ACP is rimless; on those .32 ACP conversion cylinders, ...
                        www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3142632 - 159k - Cached - Similar pages

Firearms - Russian 1895 Nagant by MarkFreburg

There may be a .32 ACP conversion cylinder available, possibly from SOG (Southern ... When substituting other cartridges in the gun – like the .32 S&W Long ...
                        www.outdoors.net/site/features/feature.aspx?Forum=Firearms&ArticleCode=3174&V=Fal se&SearchTerm= - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Snowflakes in Hell ? 1895 Nagant

Oct 24, 2007 ... I seem to recall having seen conversion cylinders actually chambered for the .32 S&W to fit the Nagent. Less trouble just to use the wee ...
                        www.snowflakesinhell.com/2007/10/24/1895-nagant/ - 62k - Cached - Similar pages

1895 Nagant Revolver - Survivalist Forum

Jun 15, 2008 ... 32 S&W and 32 Colt Short and Long, 32 H&R Magnum and a little iffy 32 ... get conversion cylinders ( there was a guy in the 1990's who would ...
                        www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=2781 - 58k - Cached - Similar pages
                        Last edited by Jim Macklin; 08-03-2008, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
                          It was late. Forgive me. S&W names so many of their stuff Special.

But how many 32s do you have... not a question, but an acknowledgment for a collector of special 32s. NYPD, HK Police,
                          I have several of them; Colts, S&W's and one Ruger. My NYPD Colt OP is a standard 38 special, and my RHKP Colt is a 38 S&W (not to be confused with the 38 special.) Both are from the middle 1950's. RHKP stands for Royal Hong Kong Police. Then I have a couple of Police Positive Specials in 32 Colt New Police, one from 1958 and the other is from 1965, and the 1965 model has never been shot nor has the cylinder even been turned on it. So, I have a brand new gun that is 43 years old.
                          BTW, the 32 S&W Long is dimensionally identical with the 32 Colt New Police, and the 38 S&W is the same thing as the 38 Colt New Police. James, you no doubt knew this stuff already, but is for the benefit of others here.
                          And I thought that I'd pass this along as well. The 38 S&W is not the same thing as a 38 special, no matter how much the guy at the gun show trying to sell you a S&W Victory Model or Colt Commando in 38 S&W tries to tell you that it is. Just thought I'd add that little caveat because I've seen vendors at gun shows try this with both me and others.
                          Most vendors at gun shows are honest, well-informed people, but there are a few who will try to take advantage.
                          FWIW.
                          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

more info on cylinder and ammo

Did a little Internet research this morning. It is apparently OK to shoot the .32 Colt, 32 S&W, and even the 32 H&R Magnum in the Nagant. There is also some mention of 32/20 being OK. I would verify the 32 H&R and 32/20 to be sure. Maybe a question to the technical folks at the NRA.

The cylinder they have is a 32 ACP which allows the gun to fire the rimless case and it works fine, they say, since the ejection is like a cowboy six-shooter.

I imagine the new 32 Ruger would chamber, but it is a high pressure magnum, I would not recommend it and would certainly wants some expert tech from NRA or somebody with a laboratory.

Comment

I saw a lot of it at the gun show this weekend in Wichita.
                              * I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
                              * Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
                              * For those who said we're "stupid" & "that will never happen", welcome to the real world. How are you liking it so far ?

Comment

Working...
                              X