This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appleseed Rifle Training in Kansas

The Appleseed program has secured a designated range on private land near Wichita, KS. The first planed shoot is for April 19, 2009. Very likely we will see year-round shoots in Kansas at this location.

More details as they arrive.

For those not familiar with the Appleseed Project, please visit www.appleseedinfo.org. In a nutshell, it's a grass-roots effort to reclaim rifle marksmanship as a key part of American heritage by teaching American citizens foundational rifle marksmanship and Revolutionary War history.

You can also read more by looking for the two-page ad spread for Fred's M14 Stocks in Shotgun News.
    DoubleTap IDPA / Purveyor and Repairer of Small Arms
    www.flyingmonkeygunworks.com
    SilencerShop Powered NFA Dealer

RexDart-
    I am absolutely interested in this. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
    Thanks!
    Je Suis Charles Martel...

Comment

ditto.

Comment

I am all over this. I have convinced My Wife that we both need to go to it.

Comment

Will provide help as well. Let me know if you need sponsors.

Adam Balzer
          Charger Arms
          Samson Operation X Team Member

My YouTube Channel

"Every normal man must be temped, at times, to spit on his hand, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Comment

I had never heard of the Appleseed Program before. After spending the last several days reading up on it, I am very excited to have the opportunity to participate. I'll be signing up and bringing along my 10 yr. old son as soon as the details are worked out. Will you keep us updated as to when we can sign up? Also, I would like to volunteer some help (time) if it is needed. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bwollard View Post
              Will you keep us updated as to when we can sign up? Also, I would like to volunteer some help (time) if it is needed. Thanks
              I will definitely keep this thread updated as new info becomes available.

If you would like to volunteer, it would be good to register on the Project Appleseed forum, and post on the Kansas sub-forum. You can also PM me contact information, and I can pass that up the line. When it comes time, we will need help with publicizing the event, plus setup, etc.

More to come!

Comment

This is awesome news.

I moved here from the Chicago area, and we had Appleseed shoots there the past two years. I wasn't able to make either of them, but the AARs I got from people were that it was phenomenal.

Comment

I'm in. Can I bring a few friends?
                  "I'd love to see Christ come back to crush the spirit of hate and make men put down their guns. I'd also like just one more hit single." Tiny Tim

Comment

The more the merrier!

Comment

I'm there with my son and maybe wife. Great News

Comment

I will be bringing as many people as I can and willing to help in any way that I can.

Comment

OK, folks, some good news. Here's the information on the Kansas shoots for 2009. That's right! There are several.

From http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4890.0

Range: The Island

Address: 1839 East 30th Avenue North, Oxford, Kansas 67119

When: April 18-19, June 27-28, July 18-19, August 15-16, September 19-20, 2009

Range Fee: $5 for the weekend (Women, Children, & Active Military are free)

Camping available: Oxford City Park, Hookups, Contact City Clerk at 620-455-2223 to reserve camping site, Fee

Hotels: Winfield, 10 miles east of Oxford

Directions: Oxford 35 miles south of Wichita on Kansas Turnpike 235, Wellington exit. Oxford located half way between Wellington and Winfield on Highway 160. In Oxford at corner of Highway 160 and North Sumner Road (North Sumner Road turns into Oxford Road at city limits) turn north, 2 miles north to East 30th Avenue North. Turn east on East 30th Avenue North, .6 miles east to range.

State Laws to be aware of:
                          Check State Laws.

Misc: .22's and centerfire welcome, 25 meters only.

For More Information Contact: PM to Dad from the RWVA forum or email: pat@vincentoil.com, or call Joe Rankin, Range Owner, 620-455-2546

Registration Link: April 18-19: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/235980825
                          June 27-28: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/235985840
                          July 18-19: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/235987846
                          Aug. 15-16: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/235989852
                          Sept. 19-20: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/235991858
                          I am also on the flyer team and will be disseminating flyers for each of the events for distribution in any and all areas. If there are those willing to help spread the word, please PM me.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Yep, Count me and the rest of my family, 16, 14 and 9 in as well as the wife.

Anything I can do to volunteer let me know!
                              Yeah, I know S**T happens. I'm just tired of being the toilet!

Comment

Working...
                              X