X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodtime Charlie
    replied
    I think it should be like you renew a DL. Get a copy of the laws in the mail from the AG's office like 30 days in advance, study them, then go into the DL office, take a multiple choice test like for a DL, get a new photo taken, pay no more than for a DL renewal, get the temporary license printout, and have the renewal license sent out in the mail just like a new DL.
    Last edited by Goodtime Charlie; 01-08-2009, 22:07.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    Originally posted by searcher View Post
    I would like to see a higher round count on the range portion, like they have in Texas. IIRC, Texas shoots 50 shots for their range assessment.
    To what end? The point is to reduce cost and simplify the renewal process.
    If there is any change in the basic qualification or renewal, it would create a call for smaller targets, time limits, and a host of other restrictive opportunities to reject people who should be qualified.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper
    replied
    Also, what needs to be done or could be added to the training curriculum so that the Kansas CCL is reciprocal with more states?

Leave a comment:

• searcher
    replied
    I would like to see a higher round count on the range portion, like they have in Texas. IIRC, Texas shoots 50 shots for their range assessment.

Leave a comment:

• doctruptwn
    replied
    I would say 3-4 hour reveiw classroom and then range qualification. Reveiw could be rule/law changes, sight reveiw, weapon handling ect. Range qualification same as now.

I know your saying "But Dad". The logic is not all of us CCL people are going to the range regularly, and look at how the laws have changed since some of you got yours when it was first available.
    Last edited by doctruptwn; 01-08-2009, 23:53.

Leave a comment:

• Kainam
    replied
    I say $10 for administrative fees for renewal (just like Utah), no new fingerprints (they already have them), no new passport photo (gotta go to the DMV anyway for a photo), a refresher on current law (either by book or class, prefer by book).

Leave a comment:

• MartyG
    replied
    I would suggest simply an open-book test like I just completed for my driver's license. It forces people to review the laws without the demands of a class or exam.

I would also lower fees, with the idea that no background check should be needed. If we were certified as "clean" upon the initial issue, and presuming any subsequent offense would have flagged us as CCH, then there should be nothing to find.

For the same reasons, I would hope that the hassle, time, and expense of further fingerprinting would not be necessary.

I think that these proposals, made in the effort of streamlining, and lowering the time/expense factors, can be made not only for the above "clean since we checked you out last" reason listed above, but also in view of the group's good standing as a whole since the licensing started.

Leave a comment:

• mech1369dlw
    replied
    Cut out the county sheriff visit and their "share" of the money.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    If the general public knew what was in the currently required curriculum and syllabus, we could make better suggestions for what could be reduced or eliminated in a renewal program.

Does that current AG rule set a time requirement for each task, like "teach sight alignment...15 minutes" or "gun cleaning-30 minutes"and can those things be eliminated or reduced on a renewal?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X