Another "Hello all"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Hello all"

I have need working in Kansas for about five years. However, I maintained a residence in another state. At this point, I have sold that condo and formally moved to Kansas.

I am more of an informal target shooter. I go to the range pretty frequently, but the only person I compete with is myself. I reload the calibers' that I shoot a lot of (at this point, mostly .380).

I am glad that the Kansas law makes it so that I don't need to rush out and update my CCW right away. At this point, I am busy trying to get my 100yr old house livable and ready for winter.

where are you from originally?

kansas winters can be mild or windy...
    PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Don't forget to update our drivers license. Getting a KS CCH has advantages. You can buy a gun and the CCH makes calling the FBI unnecessary.

If you haven't updated your knowledge of te Kansas law, the instructor guide
      https://ag.ks.gov/docs/default-sourc...sn=d3046849_20
      gets 99% of what you need to know in one place.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post
        where are you from originally?

kansas winters can be mild or windy...
        As a kid, in the'70s, I lived in Southern California. Then my father retired and I moved to Northern California and lived in that area until about 2006; yes, I had a California CCW.

I then left the country for several years and started working in Kansas in 2014. Frankly, the reason for Kansas is that the employer here was willing to do a telephone interview. I was out of the country and didn't want to return to the states without a job lined up.

I teach computer apps and robotics at a middle school.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasaf View Post

As a kid, in the'70s, I lived in Southern California. Then my father retired and I moved to Northern California and lived in that area until about 2006; yes, I had a California CCW.

I then left the country for several years and started working in Kansas in 2014. Frankly, the reason for Kansas is that the employer here was willing to do a telephone interview. I was out of the country and didn't want to return to the states without a job lined up.

I teach computer apps and robotics at a middle school.
          nice. I have a 100 year old house and the best thing I ever did was buy about 50 bags of loose cellulose installation and with that purchase I got use the machine that pumps it into attic for free. I put in all that loose fill insulation all over my attic and house was coolest house and warmest house ever...would recommend 200%
          PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post

nice. I have a 100 year old house and the best thing I ever did was buy about 50 bags of loose cellulose installation and with that purchase I got use the machine that pumps it into attic for free. I put in all that loose fill insulation all over my attic and house was coolest house and warmest house ever...would recommend 200%
            The attic already has blown in. The next big thing on my list is to update the windows. I have put windows in before so I will do it myself.

It has storm windows on most of the windows. Just yesterday I finished making the last of the screen frames to replace the glass for the summer. Of course, opening the windows was its own special challenge, not only were they panted shut, but several were also screwed shut.

At least, having my summers off, I have a lot of time to get out to the range. The newest range toy is a Remington 572 (.22lr pump-action).

Comment

Hope your windows counterweights are still attached. You might want to replace ropes on the pulle. He rebuily system. Insulting the weight pockets and chnaging to spring systems will make the house warmer/cooler. Lots of air leaks in old double hung windows.
              The house I grew up in was originally built in 1837. Dad was a structural engineer and architect. He rebuilt the house after digging a full basement . The basement was all poured concrete. The coal room also had a concrete roof.
              It is all gone now.
              The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
              If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
              I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Hasaf. There's more than a little unrest on these forums lately, and nobody seems to know the cure. I have no idea who is managing the forums now, but I think that is the place to start making changes. There too many unused forums & sub-forum, too much stuff don't work properly, if at all.....actually this place is a mess that dying a slow death. I'm still pondering what should be done about it or if I should just throw in the towel and walk away.
                We are all given many opportunities in life to keep our mouth shut.....we should take advantage of as many of those opportunities that we can.

Comment

This forum is actually a jewel. A diamond in the rough you could say. If you're here for self defense reasons there's some real solid information to be had. If it's entertainment you seek there's a joke/funnies section.
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

If you want to kiss butt, they’re a couple great posters.
                    Originally posted by kscardsfan
                    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                    X