• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video can be useful, photos too.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

[QUOTE=jagdawg;n1086549]
      Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

What's the most stable platform in which to shoot?

What angle creates the most drastic change in relationship between two objects?/QUOTE]

1) Prone. Or bench. Yeah, let's go with bench.
      2) Downward, or upward.

(Don't waste your time. I don't care...)

It's not a waste of time and is very much worth exploring

Using CCW as our premise

While going prone or shooting from a postion that resembles shooting from a Bench is possible, for the sake of this conversation let's put them aside for the now

I have liked an athletic stance, a stance that closely resembles that of a boxers stance, I believe that it offers the best balance, forward, back and side. We live our lives in a 360 degree world, when fighting, having balance in all directions is something to be considered. That said, for a stance that is used purely for shooting we see the very best shooters using a stance that resembles an "Isosceles" and now I see more bend at the waist and the shoulders are rolled up

Since the majority of my practice is shooting while moving and given that I start my drills from walking, stance is less important for me than for the shooter who always shoots from a stationary position

Looking at angles, we see debate

If we shoot from a stationary Isosceles a simple step to the side takes us off our opponents muzzle and puts us in our favored shooting position

If we take a forward diagonal angle our opponent will have to move his pistol a little more than with the step to the side but our shooting position might not as favorable

If we continue moving, a 45 degree angle will keep our opponents muzzle off us a little longer than continuous 90 degree movment. Whether that difference is enough to matter........dunno

Last edited by ricco; 08-10-2017, 22:45.
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
      X