Clear All

• "Robber Has No Mercy On Victim"

This has been floating around for awhile

ASP put some thoughts to it so I'll post it here

Pretty brutal really

This is what makes self defense so tricky

It starts out as not much but then suddenly escalates

https://youtu.be/rJQ9c2oa2zk
    Last edited by ricco; 09-13-2017, 22:29.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Do you think that better situational awareness on the part of the victim could have helped?
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

So..who here is going to help this guy, and who is going to say "not my fight". ASP feels it's a "deadly encounter" and therefore can justify deadly force.

Hard to just stand and watch if you had the advantage of seeing what started it all.

​But from some past comments on here...it seems some of you would watch, or leave. Maybe you'd take your cellphone out and Facebook live...

For the record, I'd be all in helping this guy.
      "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I see that all the time. People in a public place with their face in their wallet, purse, or that all time favorite, the cell phone. People standing in line with a handful of bills and a blank expression. It's not real bright. The vic had no SA at all. Everything was alright in his own little world till of course it wasn't. For the record yea I would probably have jumped in. These low lifes are everywhere. Some of the comments were interesting.
        I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
        Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
        I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jagdawg View Post
          So..who here is going to help this guy, and who is going to say "not my fight". ASP feels it's a "deadly encounter" and therefore can justify deadly force.

Hard to just stand and watch if you had the advantage of seeing what started it all.

​But from some past comments on here...it seems some of you would watch, or leave. Maybe you'd take your cellphone out and Facebook live...

For the record, I'd be all in helping this guy.
          Since homeboy was so intent on beating that guys ***, I think the opportunity to adjust his miscreance with a high mass object to the rear of the dome plate would be a better Idea than ordering him to stop and stand up so you can execute him as an innocent man, because BLM.

Keep your wallet in your pants, and your eyes on the crowd.
          01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
            Do you think that better situational awareness on the part of the victim could have helped?
            I dunno

It's easy for me sit here and judge, but I've done the same thing

Getting in a hurry and rather than waiting to take out my wallet at the register, I've taken the money from my wallet standing in line

If it weren't for credit cards, DL and such I wouldn't fight over it

A friend carries a money clip, kind of a old timey thing but I think a good thing

I just ordered one, carbon fiber it weighs next to nothing

If someone takes the clip I won't like it, but losing the money in the clip is far less than the medical bills and lawyer fee's that would come from fighting over it
            Last edited by ricco; 09-14-2017, 22:39.
            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Always carry my cash in one of these. https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Pro...ox/p/0.6540.16

I've literally have used the scissors and knife hundreds of times.
              Last edited by wildcatmo; 09-15-2017, 11:49.
              Be realistic. It's only a matter of time until you hurt yourself.

Comment

Its obvious the white guy took the black guys wallet. He got what he deserves, Thief! Jk.
                "Boards!!! Do not hit back!!" Bruce Lee
                "Luck favors the prepared"
                "You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. And if you're smart, that scares you. Because I have nothing to lose. I mean to beat you to death, and drink your blood from a boot." Jack Reacher

Comment

Don't be digging through your wallet and rifling through your cash. If people don't know you have stuff they are less likely to try and take it.

That kind of a beating can kill or end in permanent injury of some sort. Not worth the junk in your wallet.

Are you going to let him take your wallet? Quite possibly. He sure didn't save face by trying to resist, did he? He likely lost more than what was in that wallet. Part of seld defense is knowing if youre going ro make the situation worse or not.

Better awareness could have helped. But then again it can hurt when it gets to the point it's used to create a false sense of security.

Self-defense is about more than carrying a gun or depending on others to help cover down when you make bad choices in your preparation or in the moment.
                  Last edited by mjkeat; 09-21-2017, 07:26.
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X