12,000 Gunfights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12,000 Gunfights

"Lessons Learned From Watching 12,000 Gunfights" presented by John Correia at the 2017 Rangemaster Instructor Conference

http://www.blog.krtraining.com/even-...tor-conference

Lots of interesting stuff here but i thought maybe most interesting was "Getting the First Hit Usually Wins"

Sadly that works for the BG too and when we start from behind the curve that gives the BG a decided advatage in getting that first hit

I like that the emphasis on this is primarily focused on.the draw and I agree that it is overlooked

He mentions that most ranges don't allow draws, okay, that's why they make blue guns and airsoft

There are always work arounds
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Originally posted by ricco View Post
    "Lessons Learned From Watching 12,000 Gunfights" presented by John Correia at the 2017 Rangemaster Instructor Conference

http://www.blog.krtraining.com/even-...tor-conference

Lots of interesting stuff here but i thought maybe most interesting was "Getting the First Hit Usually Wins"

Sadly that works for the BG too and when we start from behind the curve that gives the BG a decided advatage in getting that first hit

I like that the emphasis on this is primarily focused on.the draw and I agree that it is overlooked

He mentions that most ranges don't allow draws, okay, that's why they make blue guns and airsoft

There are always work arounds
    Running out the door to make my almost daily USPS run. Not sure why I don't take advantage of the free pick-up service.

I wanted to comment real fast on ranges not allowing presentation from a holster. I am split on this topic. Part of me thinks it's ridiculous that ranges will offer defensive focused classes the disallow shooters to practice an important skill. Some ranges allow shooters to draw but require you take a special class or jump through some other hoop(s). I don't like hoops. I also spent way to much time on a public range to think most are capable of working from the holster without some sort of issue.

I'll follow th link when I get back. I'm very interested in seeing what he has to say. A preemptive "Thanks" for posting.

Edit:

Pretty good stuff. It sounds very familiar.
    Last edited by mjkeat; 12-05-2017, 21:56.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
    X