Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovell: "You Are Easy To Kill"

Lot's of truth in 3 minutes

I have little use for Room Clearing which is what this short video adresses but with that said there remains some universal truth's, "Fast Seeing" and "Fast Thinking"

As Lovell says at the end of the vid "Because all this is, is high speed death chess"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPCqzjZthw
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

That was a little lecture on awareness. Everyone knows to be aware but it's hard to actually be 'aware' all the time....Nobody thinks they are going to be a victim....
    I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
    Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
    I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Yep and that's why he mentioned the OODA Loop and starting from behind the curve

For the CCW, even if we see it coming the BG get's to start the fight, so whether we see it coming or whether it's an ambush we are stil behind the curve

I recommend Rob Pincus's "Counter Ambush" book

In a few weeks I will be going through the "Counter Ambush" course on DVD for the fourth time
      Last edited by ricco; 06-10-2018, 12:38.
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by pds45 View Post
        That was a little lecture on awareness. Everyone knows to be aware but it's hard to actually be 'aware' all the time....Nobody thinks they are going to be a victim....
        The lie is that one can be aware all the time. I believe this lie helps contribute to the general state of unpreparedness of the gun carrying community.

Originally posted by ricco View Post
        Yep and that's why he mentioned the OODA Loop and starting from behind the curve

For the CCW, even if we see it coming the BG get's to start the fight, so whether we see it coming or whether it's an ambush we are stil behind the curve

I recommend Rob Pincus's "Counter Ambush" book

In a few weeks I will be going through the "Counter Ambush" course on DVD for the fourth time
        I really like how Rob goes beyond the simple ooda loop. You may not be able to observe anything.

Fast seeing, fast thinking = recognition which comes from exposure through frequent and realistic training/practice.
        Last edited by mjkeat; 06-10-2018, 13:11.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

The lie is that one can be aware all the time.
          Totally different from the lie that you have to be 'aware "all the time", 24/7/365.25.

Gone. Good riddance.
          Watch the **** storm continue without me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldstuffer View Post

Totally different from the lie that you have to be 'aware "all the time", 24/7/365.25.
            I don't hear that one as often and when I do it's generally dismissed as nonsense because it's B.S. and impossible. It's a quality of life thing as well. Being miserable trying to be aware all the time for an event that will likely never happen isn't worth it. Some people enjoy leading miserable lives. That's their prerogative.

I am curious as to why you felt the need to focus on the least important part of my post rather than the part that was actually of use for the person with more than a hobbyist's interest.
            Last edited by mjkeat; 06-10-2018, 13:53.

Comment

Let's move forward shall we

No one is "on" 100% of the time, not possible, life get's in the way

When the BG is two arms length's away and point's a pistol at you and you're more certain than not that he is going to kill you

The should be the basic premise for every self defense drill you run

Once the BG understands that you are going to counter attack you have about half a second before he pulls the trigger

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                Let's move forward shall we

No one is "on" 100% of the time, not possible, life get's in the way

When the BG is two arms length's away and point's a pistol at you and you're more certain than not that he is going to kill you

The should be the basic premise for every self defense drill you run

Once the BG understands that you are going to counter attack you have about half a second before he pulls the trigger
                The chances of it mirroring the just beyond 2 arms reach, sudden and surprising event is almost 100%. It would be dumb to not soend the bulk of your training resources decelooing the skills to defend against such an attack. From there prepare to defend against an attack within arms reach with the majority of the remaing resources. Occasionally touch on stuff at distances beyond 21 feet just in case but keep it to a minimum.

I wish we could move forward for the sake of the few lurkers viewing this but like in the thread where it was mentioned that my questions aren't serious and I'm only here to be provocative, folks don't want to move forward because they'd be left behind.

The problem is folks like OS live under a blanket of false security fueled by a misunderstanding or lack of understanding of the subject.

Edit: we are easy to kill. 2 options as I see it; pretend it's not so and become easier or except the dark truth and prepare accordingly making it a little more difficult on the attacker(s) should they try to victimize you.
                Last edited by mjkeat; 06-12-2018, 17:15.

Comment

Working...
                X