Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Does It Take to Burn Off Fast Food?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Does It Take to Burn Off Fast Food?

Using compound weightlifting movements it takes almost 2 hours in the gym to burn off that burger and fries

How long does it take to burn off fast food? Well, I grabbed a burger and fries and - with no cardio allowed - used a standard bodybuilding workout until I finally crossed the 1,000 calorie mark. The results surprised me - and they may surprise you as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGKO3RnIfA
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

The calorie in physics is the amount of heat energy needed to raise or lower the temperature of one gram of pure water 1 degree C.
    A dietary calorie is a K calorie or 1,000 physics calories.
    It takes work to sweat and it takes energy to shiver.

Dietary calorie is heating a kilogram [ 2.2 pounds ] 1 degree C [ 1.8 degree F ]
    Cooling is just removing the same amount of heat.

A Whopper is 667 K calories without fries, onion rings or soft drink
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Yeah, but the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest.
      "Boards!!! Do not hit back!!" Bruce Lee
      "Luck favors the prepared"
      "You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. And if you're smart, that scares you. Because I have nothing to lose. I mean to beat you to death, and drink your blood from a boot." Jack Reacher

Comment

Originally posted by F = ma View Post
        Yeah, but the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest.
        Yes, correct. Even with exercise, old age reduces testosterone and muscles become harder to maintain let alone build.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

You can also trick your body into passing calories without absorbing them. I am supposed to eat 2000 calories a day, who cares if it is two Baconators, or a bushel of lettuce?
          Originally posted by kscardsfan
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

A 1966 VW Beetle will do 0 to 200 mph and stop in 2 feet. You just drive on the correct bridge and make a right turn in the middle.
            Last edited by Jim Macklin; 10-11-2018, 22:28.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
              Using compound weightlifting movements it takes almost 2 hours in the gym to burn off that burger and fries

How long does it take to burn off fast food? Well, I grabbed a burger and fries and - with no cardio allowed - used a standard bodybuilding workout until I finally crossed the 1,000 calorie mark. The results surprised me - and they may surprise you as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGKO3RnIfA
              I struggle to put on mass. Always been on the lean side even with burger and fry diet. Im convinced there just is not a lot of actually nutrients in this food to build with.
              PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post

I struggle to put on mass. Always been on the lean side even with burger and fry diet. Im convinced there just is not a lot of actually nutrients in this food to build with.
                A tape worm might be called a diet aid.

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post

If you are on the lean side count yourself as fotunate, for most of us being lean is a battle and a tough battle at that

Food studies are probably, with the possible exception on the paranormal, the least reliable studies of all

One day a food is bad and the next day that same food is good

Years ago I was telling my doctor that just that morning I had seen where artificial sweeteners were bad, he told me that before putting any trust in any study find out who funded it

That was a hammer blow of truth

In the end it's about money, can I produce a study that get's enough attention so someone will give me money to do another study, and another study, and another.......

My opinion, a moderate diet and regular exercise is best
                  "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

If you come up with a really cool, authoritative-sounding name, claim it's a scientific study organization, then report 'findings', there will be a percentage of people believe it, no matter how silly or irrational the 'findings ' are. A high enough percentage, and suddenly it's 'fact', and you get invited to news shows. Ace2
                    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I looked on-line and found I'd made a mistake on the post with the 730 foot tall bridge.
                      https://www.omnicalculator.com/physi...air-resistance

Not 0-200, about 145 mph in a 6.8 second fall.

Traveling object
                      Mass (m)

kg

Altitude (h)

m

Gravitational acceleration (g)

m/sē
                      Air resistance (k)

kg/m
                      Time and velocity
                      Time of fall (t)
                      sec
                      Maximum velocity (vmax)
                      mph

terminal velocity (vt)

m/s
                      Last edited by Jim Macklin; 10-13-2018, 05:29.

Comment

I guess if you're sitting in the car, a 145mph impact would be better than a 200mph one---and give you more time to think about things you forgot to do. Ace2
                        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

When I win the lottery tonight, I'll get a bunch of old cars and drop from a tall bridge. Find out if a VW Bug tops out at less than 145. Or get a Corvette Stingray or a Jag XK-E and see it it will top 200.

Comment

Working...
                          X