This, This Right here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This, This Right here

John Lovell, Craig Douglas and UFC fighter Brandon Davis doing some knife defense

This is training

https://www.facebook.com/warriorpoet...E3NDQyODE2MDQ/
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Originally posted by ricco View Post
    John Lovell, Craig Douglas and UFC fighter Brandon Davis doing some knife defense

This is training

https://www.facebook.com/warriorpoet...E3NDQyODE2MDQ/
    Awesome workout and good experience. It's also good for us sitting here (standing in my case).

Just a curiosity on my part. Would this be training or evaluation? They are utilizing skills they already know against each other. It looks like a great opportunity to hash out what works and what doesn't.

In also curious as to the initial reaction of the Aces and Gregs of the site. Big eyes and a Gewd Lurd if they're honest with themselves I'd bet. I'd hate to be in such a predicament but it's definately something I've decided is likely to happen if I'm lucky enough to be able to stay upright and conscious during the initial attack.

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

I think both, training and evaluation

One thing I noticed was the difference in conditioning between Lovell and Davis, that contest lasted about 20 seconds and Lovell had gassed

20 seconds, I'll repeat that, 20 seconds

Lovell is in far better condition than the average person and yet 20 seconds and he was looking for the guy selling the oxygen

So that begs the question, how long would the average person last

People that think they can can train on nacho's and beer and still be effective....uhmm, yeah......okay

What was interesting was that about 48 seconds it looked like Davis was going to gator roll Lovell. he had his neck, and let him go
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
        I think both, training and evaluation

One thing I noticed was the difference in conditioning between Lovell and Davis, that contest lasted about 20 seconds and Lovell had gassed

20 seconds, I'll repeat that, 20 seconds

Lovell is in far better condition than the average person and yet 20 seconds and he was looking for the guy selling the oxygen

So that begs the question, how long would the average person last

People that think they can can train on nacho's and beer and still be effective....uhmm, yeah......okay

What was interesting was that about 48 seconds it looked like Davis was going to gator roll Lovell. he had his neck, and let him go
        Above average strength and cardio. Imagine the normal every day type dude who not only doesn't have the cardio but is lacking the strength and mental toughness to compensate for their lack of skill.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
        X