Hey Old Guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Old Guys

If you exercise or your doctor has told you to up your intake of protein check this, (on average you need one gram for every two pounds of body weight daily)

A study at McMaster University found that when it comes to muscle protein synthesis building muscle basically soy is no better than water at least when it comes to elderly men. The researchers gave 30 old guys 0 grams of protein, 20 grams of soy, or 40 grams of soy at rest and after resistance exercise. They then compared the results to a group of men who had used 20 or 40 grams of whey protein instead.

While 40 grams of soy increased muscle protein synthesis a little, 20 grams of soy worked as well as 0 grams of soy. Both 20 and 40 grams of whey, however, increased muscle protein synthesis significantly.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...id-soy-protein
    Last edited by ricco; 01-10-2019, 22:11.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

I like whey. If you can stay on the program it works but it may have caused bloating. I switched to peanut butter in my shakes. more calories, more mass.
    PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Working...
    X