Gunsite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if you $3000.00 to spend on a basic class

Honest, if you have 3 grand to spend, pack up the wife and go to Vegas for a few days, go to a show, have a nice dinner

Your money would far better spent in Vegas than in Paulden
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck R. View Post
      gerhard,

If you're still interested now that the resident "little fish" have weighed in, PM me and I'll put you in touch with some guys that have been and actually know what they're talking about.
      Can you dispute the discrepancies listed in post#14? If not then why would you recommend such instruction especially considering the resource requirement to attend?

I've met instructors from there. I've trained under instructors from there. I've worked with instructors from there. I've been on the range with students from there. Lol. Its all the same dogma that comes from their mouths.

Why don't you explain why you think it's a good place to seek info that could one day save your life in a sudden assault where death could very well be the outcome.

Is also be interested in hearing your breakdown of the first two shooters in the video I referenced in post #14.

No pressure. Do. Don't. Your decision, but it would be interesting to hear what you had to say.

An interesting observation. You have no qualms about launching into infintile temper tantrums and personal attacks yet you refuse to attack the information shared. Why is that?

Originally posted by ricco View Post
      And if you $3000.00 to spend on a basic class

Honest, if you have 3 grand to spend, pack up the wife and go to Vegas for a few days, go to a show, have a nice dinner

Your money would far better spent in Vegas than in Paulden
      I vote for this. For better investment of $3k. The experience. The stories. The time shared together. The health benefits alone from the relaxation and all arpund good time. Not only that but the liklohood of ever having to use a firearm to defend yourself is so astronomically low...
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Yet more examples of me being the issue here and it having nothing to do with the fact those that have issue with me do so because they disagree with me.

Do I really need to go thread to thread pointing this out?

Comment

Last week on "Wednesday Night At The Range" on the Outdoor Channel, "Shooting Gallery" did a show on lever action rifles (pistol caliber) for self defense from Gunsite

As much as I respect Micheal that show should have never aired, it was pathetic

Maybe if someone other than the Gunsite instructor who was doing the "train like you fight" mantra and then having them shoot groups and shoot 2 and load 1 all from static was just awful

If that is what Gunsite defines as fight training the self defense minded person should look elsewhere
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Last week on "Wednesday Night At The Range" on the Outdoor Channel, "Shooting Gallery" did a show on lever action rifles (pistol caliber) for self defense from Gunsite

As much as I respect Micheal that show should have never aired, it was pathetic

Maybe if someone other than the Gunsite instructor who was doing the "train like you fight" mantra and then having them shoot groups and shoot 2 and load 1 all from static was just awful

If that is what Gunsite defines as fight training the self defense minded person should look elsewhere
            All right, then; where? Specifically?
            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

All right, then; where? Specifically?
              Dunno

I only practice for reactive self defense, a very small envelope for firearms use

I will proceed from there

There are two facets of reactive self defense

1. Not getting shot/ stabbed/ bludgeoned (most important)

2. Shooting (only to be used as a last resort)

Typically training teaches that in reverse ('cause people want to shoot) and most don't teach the not getting shot part at all ('cause people want to shoot)

So here it is, if you are interested in REACTIVE SELF DEFENSE

If you can draw from real concealment and get a solid COM hit at 10 feet in about 1 second you are finished with static shooting

Now you move on to NOT GETTING SHOT

Look around and find a methodology that teaches not getting shot and go there

Comment

Dunno

I only practice for reactive self defense, a very small envelope for firearms use

I will proceed from there

There are two facets of reactive self defense

1. Not getting shot/ stabbed/ bludgeoned (most important)

2. Shooting (only to be used as a last resort)

Typically training teaches that in reverse ('cause people want to shoot) and most don't teach the not getting shot part at all ('cause people want to shoot)

So here it is, if you are interested in REACTIVE SELF DEFENSE

If you can draw from real concealment and get a solid COM hit at 10 feet in about 1 second you are finished with static shooting

Now you move on to NOT GETTING SHOT

Look around and find a methodology that teaches not getting shot and go there
                Boring, lol. It's true though. It takes integrity to teach such a curriculum. Very few people want to participate. Why? Because people want to attend a shooting class.

Comment

Working...
                X