Tactical Eating 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Eating 2.0

I've brought this up before, and got ridiculed by the 'experts', but it's still valid and hasn't been talked about here for a while, so:

Momma and I had supper tonight at a semi-local eatery. This was supposed to be my weekly vegetarian day, but the place was doing their weekly fried chicken buffet supper. so I gave in to temptation--well, sorta; I'll just make tomorrow the vegetarian day--and ended up having four pieces of chicken to go with all the healthier other stuff--well, sorta; one piece was a wing, which counts as three pieces when you break it up.

As is to be expected, the chicken was a little greasy--not bad, but enough to cause interference with the grip of the gun if it was needed. So, if a person is going to eat greasy or messy food in a public place, and that person actually pays attention to 'practical tactical' matters, it is a good idea to: A) handle the greasy/messy stuff with your non-gun hand; and B) use plenty of nakkies to keep the eating/non-gun hand as clean as possible.

For training purposes, just go to the range or back yard, smear a little mayo or a dab of cooking oil on your fingers, then try any of your regular drills with the slippery fingers/hand. Don't be surprised if the gun changes position in your grip. It can be even worse than really sweaty hands on a hot, humid day. Also, it might not be the best idea to try this with fancy wooden grips; they're hard to get clean after the drill.

Tongue-in-cheek? Yeah, a little--until your just finishing up a plate of ribs or basked or buffalo wings, then all at once the fan gets dirty and you miss your first shot. Then you'll understand. Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

So we want to talk about fuel, that's cool

Quest Bar and a cup of Deathwish coffee for breakfast

A protein shake, 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of Kona coffee for lunch

For a snack, one large Honey Crisp apple

For dinner a chicken breast and an organic "Power Greens" salad

For a snack that I am eating as I type this, 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate and a cup of Black Tea

I didn't get to the range, I suspect a person would immediately sink ankle deep in the mud but I did do a Tai Chi class and then went to the gym
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
      So we want to talk about fuel, that's cool

Quest Bar and a cup of Deathwish coffee for breakfast

A protein shake, 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of Kona coffee for lunch

For a snack, one large Honey Crisp apple

For dinner a chicken breast and an organic "Power Greens" salad

For a snack that I am eating as I type this, 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate and a cup of Black Tea

I didn't get to the range, I suspect a person would immediately sink ankle deep in the mud but I did do a Tai Chi class and then went to the gym
      I'm really looking forward for trying some Four Sigmatic lions mane and chaga mushroom coffee. I'm guessing it'll go well with a macadamia Cliff bar.

I do 2 tangerines or a honeycrisp for a snack. My 2nd snack of the day is generally the tangerines or apple I didn't have for the 1st snack.

Dinner typically consists of chicken or beef and some vegetables. We do sweat potatoes as well. The weekends are for Mexican and a Corona Extra, the true king of beer. Corona = crown.

I do green, black, and a more traditional (for me) tea but unsweetened. Black tea is my favorite or at least how the Afghans make it, tons of real sugar and a milk of some sort. Goat milk possibly. I don't drink it like that any more. I'm trying to cut out sugar and don't particularly care for "***-per-taint".

I'd do the shake thing but they seem to have a lot of sugar in them. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I like eating eggs but the wife and kids don't like when I do so...
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

C'mon guy's, Ace was started thread about food, join in the conversation
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

I'm really looking forward for trying some Four Sigmatic lions mane and chaga mushroom coffee. I'm guessing it'll go well with a macadamia Cliff bar.

I do 2 tangerines or a honeycrisp for a snack. My 2nd snack of the day is generally the tangerines or apple I didn't have for the 1st snack.

Dinner typically consists of chicken or beef and some vegetables. We do sweat potatoes as well. The weekends are for Mexican and a Corona Extra, the true king of beer. Corona = crown.

I do green, black, and a more traditional (for me) tea but unsweetened. Black tea is my favorite or at least how the Afghans make it, tons of real sugar and a milk of some sort. Goat milk possibly. I don't drink it like that any more. I'm trying to cut out sugar and don't particularly care for "***-per-taint".

I'd do the shake thing but they seem to have a lot of sugar in them. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I like eating eggs but the wife and kids don't like when I do so...
          Take a look at "Quest" protein powder https://www.questnutrition.com/produ...e-2lb-canister

It's a little more expensive than other quality protein powder but I think it's worth it

Probably the easiest protein powder to bake with

The bars are great too

Comment

So...what do the snide comments have to do with the slippery grip subject?

Oh, right, it's the 'experts', as expected. Ace2
            Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

What snide comments, you and what you consumed were never mentioned in the what we eat comments

But if we want to talk about slippery grips, why is that an issue

If your hands are slippery from food grease that is what napkins are for, wipe your hands

If you don't think you would have time to wipe your hands a stronger grip will alleviate much of the problem

If you like I can put up a link to some grip strength building equipment
              Last edited by ricco; 02-27-2019, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Take a look at "Quest" protein powder https://www.questnutrition.com/produ...e-2lb-canister

It's a little more expensive than other quality protein powder but I think it's worth it

Probably the easiest protein powder to bake with

The bars are great too
                I'll look into it.

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Slippery grip is a self induced thing. If you find it an issue don't get your hands greasy. Problem solved. Nothing tactical or difficult about that. Logic.

If someone is so afraid they can't enjoy their meal because "tactical eating" maybe eating at home behind locked doors is a better idea. Maybe?

I mean I don't really know. Never felt the need for this level of hyper vigilance. Seems silly and like it would ruin the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

I'll look into it.

Slippery grip is a self induced thing. If you find it an issue don't get your hands greasy. Problem solved. Nothing tactical or difficult about that. Logic.

If someone is so afraid they can't enjoy their meal because "tactical eating" maybe eating at home behind locked doors is a better idea. Maybe?

I mean I don't really know. Never felt the need for this level of hyper vigilance. Seems silly and like it would ruin the moment.
                  Yeah reminds me of the guy that when in a restaurant wouldn't look at the menu if the person(s) he was with was looking at their's, he thought someone should always be scanning for BG's. Don't know what he did when he was eating alone, must have a fun thing to see though, read a word, scan, read a word, scan................

Comment

I'd think those squeeze applesauces wpuld work well in such a circumstance. Again I'm just guessing as I've never done such things.

Comment

I'll take a bowl of applesauce and a really long straw or 3 straws and some tape if you don't mind.

Comment

I suggest avoiding the finger food while dining out, reserve it for dining back at the bat cave or fortress of solitude, where you are less likely to be interrupted by an unwanted visitor. If you just cannot resist that greasy morsel, perhaps you should don a pair of nitrile or latex gloves before you indulge. Then if an emergency occurs, quickly strip off the gloves and "take care of bi'ness."
                        http://youtu.be/ei8OK4WdoW0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CuH...e=channel_page
                        http://www.stoppingpower.net/comment...tervention.asp
                        http://youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk
                        https://youtu.be/Iy71umadb6k

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime Charlie View Post
                          I suggest avoiding the finger food while dining out, reserve it for dining back at the bat cave or fortress of solitude, where you are less likely to be interrupted by an unwanted visitor. If you just cannot resist that greasy morsel, perhaps you should don a pair of nitrile or latex gloves before you indulge. Then if an emergency occurs, quickly strip off the gloves and "take care of bi'ness."
                          How about everyone just stops eating? Problem solved?

Comment

Working...
                          X