• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Old Exercise

Memories!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how many reps I've done over the years

I use a medicine ball and rebound board these day

But what is being shown here is a great addition to your conditioning workout

https://www.facebook.com/iainabernet...1102894298109/
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Useta do something similar for shoulders and arms for archery. Slower, and more deliberate, but helped keep in trim for drawing heavier-weight compound bows.
    He doesn't sound like he's from around these parts. Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Another good handgun exercise,

Get a 1 pound weight with a nylon web strap and hang it on the muzzle of your gun. Will increase your steadiness and duration. You can also use the weight and a penny balanced on the muzzle end of your gun if there is a flat spot that will allow.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Balancing a quarter or pencil on the barrel, and dry firing without dropping it, is a great way to work on trigger control. Never tried the weight hanging on the muzzle, though I did useta use wrist weights for the same basic reason back in the archery days. Ace2
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          Balancing a quarter or pencil on the barrel, and dry firing without dropping it, is a great way to work on trigger control. Never tried the weight hanging on the muzzle, though I did useta use wrist weights for the same basic reason back in the archery days. Ace2
          How so? What's the benefit for the defensive minded?
          Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

A pound of lead 6 inch ahead of the hand really torques the grip and strengthens the forearm. A flat strap doesn't obscure the sights.
            The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
            I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Static strength versus active strength

Static strength is great for the bullseye shooter but does little for self defense
              "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
              X