X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It.......hurts!!!!!!

This is so bad it hurts

No secret I'm all about the reactive 0-10 feet self defense stuff

So Sheriff Jim posts an article, "Training for Close-Range Defense with Your Concealed Carry Gun"

I'm thinking, yeah right

So I start reading,

"Those who come home from a defensive shooting school have a long list of things they are encouraged to practice with their concealed-carry gun. They are told to work on reloads, malfunction drills, multiple targets, shooting on the move and a number of other things. While this is true to a certain extent, the majority of practice ought to be on dealing with close-range deadly encounters."

I'm thinking, huh.....what?

I check to see if this really is Sheriff Jim, sure enough it is

Alright Sheriff Jim, he continues, "In the real world, your mind has to evaluate a lot of data before you know you are going to shoot at anything. You enter a convenience store and a guy at the counter makes you nervous ("Oh, he's wearing a ski mask!"). Your eyes immediately go to his hands ("Oh, he has a gun and is starting to point it at me!"). Then, and only then, are you ready to take action, and that action had better be mighty fast and accurate."

Okay, okay, I'm tracking

And then, yeah.....it went sideways

"For this reason, a large portion of defensive practice with your concealed-carry gun ought to be devoted to drawing and putting two hits into the vital zone of the target. If you can do this—quickly and accurately—you have a chance for survival."

Nothing about getting off the BG's muzzle, no movement, no empty hand, no nothing

Just more gun-centric babble

In his own scenario he has the BG already way ahead of the GG and his solution is to simply draw and shoot

Yeah, it's hurt's

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...4ciPg.facebook

Last edited by ricco; 03-07-2019, 20:59.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Gun centric, controlled pairs, able to anticipate, draw and shoot while never having to move or fight.

That dudes a ****ing dinasour and I'm not talking about his age. Antiquated b.s., closed minded mental midget. He should just join gunsite and get it over with. It would be easier if all the turds were in one bowl so they would be easier to avoid.

Work on reloads and malfunctions? I'm guessing he's talking about isolating those things as in setting up the gun so it malfunctions or loading the magazines to a predetermined number of rounds? I hope not. A waste of time and ignored the most important aspects of developing those skills.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Sounds like he's advocating trying to draw against someone that already has the draw on you. Can't outdraw that unless you're counting on them missing you.
      For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
      And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
      And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
      And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
      -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Working...
      X