FOF Video From Lovell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOF Video From Lovell

I started doing FOF in 2007 so while I'm no "expert" in this method of training I do have some experience

Okay let's break down this video

1st fight: This is a non starter, nothing to be learned here. Kinda silly and a dangerous mindset. A CCW shooting an unarmed person has most likely bought himself a very big problem. This is why you have to able to change gears and why practicing weapons transitions is so important. The "I have a gun and don't need any other skills" mindset is nothing short of idiotic

2nd fight: Both died and again we see the absolute absurdity of staying in front of your opponent and moving on a straight line. Why GREY thought kicking his leg up was a good thing to do is unknown

3rd fight: Interesting starting position but once again they stay directly in front of each other and both get shot.

At 6:35 when doing live fire we see the participants drawing, firing and moving backward in a straight line, same as they did in FOF and they got shot every time

Also we see them getting good hits on the target but in FOF there were lot's of misses and the shots that did hit were also on the arms, legs and hands, your vaunted square range accuracy turns to crap

If you are at a FOF class and waiting your turn it is likely that you as only an observer will get hit, that is why Lovell was also wearing a mask

So what is the take away, you can't backup fast enough to make your opponent miss, even the comparatively slow UTM round at about 350 f/s is moving too fast for you to outrun

If you haven't vetted your square range self defense practice with FOF, well good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyK77ShaIEU&t=0s
    Last edited by ricco; 03-22-2019, 15:46.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

If I get shot moving backwards I obviously just need to practice more so I can move backwards, faster. They won't be able to shoot me then. Right? Lol.

As you may have imagined I had enough about half way through the video. Those vet88 guys are as ridiculous as I remembered and Lovell, though articulate, doesn't seem to understand at least one of the handful of critical skills related self defense. It stinks that he has such a large audience. Why? Because it allows for this silliness to spread. The power of YouTube and social media are off the charts. How many kids and adults are seeing and emulating this stuff because YouTube follower count and "used to be a ..." equals knowledge in some people's minds? A **** ton. This is why integrity is so important for those with a platform regardless of size of platform. I could get into the another tool for the toolbox, whatever's comfortable, many ways to do it pick the one you like/prefer and so on.

There's way to much good information out there for this nonsense to go unchallenged by everyone. This goes for traditional marksmanship focused training and all those other square range rangisms.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
      If I get shot moving backwards I obviously just need to practice more so I can move backwards, faster. They won't be able to shoot me then. Right? Lol.

As you may have imagined I had enough about half way through the video. Those vet88 guys are as ridiculous as I remembered and Lovell, though articulate, doesn't seem to understand at least one of the handful of critical skills related self defense. It stinks that he has such a large audience. Why? Because it allows for this silliness to spread. The power of YouTube and social media are off the charts. How many kids and adults are seeing and emulating this stuff because YouTube follower count and "used to be a ..." equals knowledge in some people's minds? A **** ton. This is why integrity is so important for those with a platform regardless of size of platform. I could get into the another tool for the toolbox, whatever's comfortable, many ways to do it pick the one you like/prefer and so on.

There's way to much good information out there for this nonsense to go unchallenged by everyone. This goes for traditional marksmanship focused training and all those other square range rangisms.
      Agreed

The "I just proved to myself and everyone else that what I practice DOESN'T WORK so I'm going to do more of it" mindset is fascinating
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Agreed

The "I just proved to myself and everyone else that what I practice DOESN'T WORK so I'm going to do more of it" mindset is fascinating
        Absolutely.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
        X