• Show
Clear All

• Tactical 88

Just found out about this

Shooting range, fitness center, restaurant

If they put in a stripper pole and a cigar bar I might not ever leave

Take a look around the website, it's an impressive place

https://88tactical.com/
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

One stop gee gaw shop. Add a cowboy church and put it in the old Gander ICT, youíd be a millionaire.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

All the cool names, logos, etc. are impressive but substance matters.

I did a YouTube search and the first video I clicked on showed what appeared to be an instructor teaching the father of a family how to clear room to room.

I duh through their site reading the class disruptions and couldn't pull a lot from it.

Their video seemed very polished but again substance is all that should matter. Why are they teaching room clearing as an appropriate response to unauthorized entry into the home? Does anyone know?
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
        All the cool names, logos, etc. are impressive but substance matters.

I did a YouTube search and the first video I clicked on showed what appeared to be an instructor teaching the father of a family how to clear room to room.

I duh through their site reading the class disruptions and couldn't pull a lot from it.

Their video seemed very polished but again substance is all that should matter. Why are they teaching room clearing as an appropriate response to unauthorized entry into the home? Does anyone know?
        To whom does "substance" matter

I have long since stopped blaming the instructor

You know as well as I do that you can teach SELF DEFENSE far more effectively with Blue Guns, Air Soft Guns, scenarios and lecture than you can with live fire drills

You also know as well as I do that you can't keep the light bill paid teaching that way

The majority of people want to learn what they believe is SELF DEFENSE but only if it taught in a way that let's them shoot........A LOT

People like to shoot and that's not a bad thing, it's just that it is only one piece, and a small piece at that of the SELF DEFENSE training and practice pie

If want to keep a place open and the light bill paid you have to give people what they want and maybe, just maybe if the interest is really there the person will begin to ask the the right questions

Until that happens, it's pew pew in fantasy land
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

There you go, you got to mock someone who does rather than someone who types
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
            Tell ya what, I'll open a school and teach what I want to teach and YOU fund it

Just be aware though that when I put in the Course Description that the first 2 hours of instruction will be working on the "Drop Step", something that might actually save a life, we both know I will be teaching to an empty room

So how about it
            Last edited by ricco; 04-08-2019, 04:35.

Comment

I did both on varying levels and capacities and what he says is 100% accurate, military and civilian, it's undeniable fact. Sharing truths is not mocking. Get out there and see for yourself. Do you have a different experience you'd like to share?

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Just be aware though that when I put in the Course Description that the first 2 hours of instruction will be working on the "Drop Step", something that might actually save a life, we both know I will be teaching to an empty room

So how about it
                I actually offered to fund a forum member to start a class, but he backed down. Most of my money is tied up in profit centers, the rest is cash reserve. Unless I gross 15%, and keep equity I have no interest. You are a losing deal in more ways than one.

Comment

I actually offered to fund a forum member to start a class, but he backed down. Most of my money is tied up in profit centers, the rest is cash reserve. Unless I gross 15%, and keep equity I have no interest. You are a losing deal in more ways than one.
                  Start a class, no

I'm talking about indoor and outdoor ranges

A fully equipped gym

Classrooms

And it has to be in a freestanding building

If we're gonna do this we have to do it right

Comment

...we both know I will be teaching to an empty room

So how about it
                    Gander and Thunderbird both failed, and had far better business plans, no thanks.

Comment

Gander and Thunderbird both failed, and had far better business plans, no thanks.

I already told you that what I would teach would cause a business to fail miserably, so we are in agreement

You keep wanting me to teach and that's fine except that there aren't enough people that are interested in what I would teach to make a business work

That was the whole point of my post

People aren't interested in training they are interested having a good time

My opinion

If you finish a class feeling good about yourself you wasted your time and money

Hope this clears things up

Comment

I'm glad you brought those places up. Out of any place in the entire state those 2 places had the best curriculum, hands down, Gander being on top due to it's focus on intuitive shooting/counter ambush. I knew people at TB, they struggled to get people in legit defensive handgun classes. The same goes for Gander after the first couple years except for a span of a year roughly 2 years before the retail store filed and then sold. We were having to add 2 or 3 of each class each month, especially the 4hr. IDDH class. Unfortunately people who didn't have a clue about personal defense beyond #pewpew got involved and good instructors literally walked out.

Why is it that a place like 54, bullseye, etc. are still offering classes? Simply reading their class descriptions is enough to understand there's a lack of knowledge when it comes to practical self defense.

Simple. People don't know what they don't know and want what they want rather than what they need. Some don't have the luxury of saying I'm going to offer what you need, take it or leave it so they swallow their integrity and hype/push the trash the unknowing think they want.

Which member didn't take you up on your offer to fund them?

Comment

I already told you that what I would teach would cause a business to fail miserably, so we are in agreement

You keep wanting me to teach and that's fine except that there aren't enough people that are interested in what I would teach to make a business work

That was the whole point of my post

People aren't interested in training they are interested having a good time

My opinion

If you finish a class feeling good about yourself you wasted your time and money

Hope this clears things up
                          Perhaps the same applies here?

Comment

I donít care to embarrass him further, but he is a know it all that likes to correct people with BTDT from his kitchen table.

Im glad you posted, I respect you had some BTDT in Ganderís demise and shared.

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

I'm glad you brought those places up. Out of any place in the entire state those 2 places had the best curriculum, hands down, Gander being on top due to it's focus on intuitive shooting/counter ambush. I knew people at TB, they struggled to get people in legit defensive handgun classes. The same goes for Gander after the first couple years except for a span of a year roughly 2 years before the retail store filed and then sold. We were having to add 2 or 3 of each class each month, especially the 4hr. IDDH class. Unfortunately people who didn't have a clue about personal defense beyond #pewpew got involved and good instructors literally walked out.

Why is it that a place like 54, bullseye, etc. are still offering classes? Simply reading their class descriptions is enough to understand there's a lack of knowledge when it comes to practical self defense.

Simple. People don't know what they don't know and want what they want rather than what they need. Some don't have the luxury of saying I'm going to offer what you need, take it or leave it so they swallow their integrity and hype/push the trash the unknowing think they want.

Which member didn't take you up on your offer to fund them?

Comment

Perhaps the same applies here?
                              Huh??

Comment

Working...
                              X