• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Should you be the Hero?"

I've posted this before

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...gXTpIGOb2vpwdQ

Ellifritz thought is was important enough to post again and so do I

If you don't want to read the article and the links in the article at least read this

Real life and not some fantasy "Sheep Dog" BS

"In today’s world, being a hero often comes with a very costly price. This woman saw a criminal attempting to kill a police officer. She righteously shot and killed the criminal attacker to help the injured officer. She was not criminally charged and actually received a commendation for her selfless act."

"None of that really matters in the end. She’s being sued by the estate of the criminal attacker. Guess who pays the legal fees for her defense? It isn’t the police department. It isn’t the cop she saved. It’s totally on her. Even if she wins in court, she’ll still have to pay upward of $100K in legal bills if the case drags on (like they always do)."

"If you screw up, you go to jail. Even if you do everything right, you get sued and have to pay your life savings to an attorney to defend you. That’s the reality when you come to someone’s assistance in our current political climate. You need to do some hard thinking about who you are willing to defend and when you should walk away."

"As much as I appreciate this woman’s actions in saving the officer, I can’t advise that as a good strategy for my students. The consequences are simply too great. John Mosby’s words “Not my people. Not my problem.” keep passing through my thoughts as I write this."

Last edited by ricco; 04-17-2019, 17:00.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

This may be why you are not welcome here, this is a forum that cares about people, and you are a selfish dick.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Why, because I posted an article from a professional trainer and working street cop that tells his students that getting involved in other peoples fights is dumbass play

Why, because real life isn't how you want it to be, it's not like the movies and TV

Why, because I believe what the LEO say's and what is recorded in the links

You're focusing your anger on the wrong person, I didn't write the article the cop did

Apparently you haven't tried the deep breathing exercises I told you about

Go for a run, you'll feel better

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
        I've posted this before

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...gXTpIGOb2vpwdQ

Ellifritz thought is was important enough to post again and so do I

If you don't want to read the article and the links in the article at least read this

Real life and not some fantasy "Sheep Dog" BS

"In today’s world, being a hero often comes with a very costly price. This woman saw a criminal attempting to kill a police officer. She righteously shot and killed the criminal attacker to help the injured officer. She was not criminally charged and actually received a commendation for her selfless act."

"None of that really matters in the end. She’s being sued by the estate of the criminal attacker. Guess who pays the legal fees for her defense? It isn’t the police department. It isn’t the cop she saved. It’s totally on her. Even if she wins in court, she’ll still have to pay upward of $100K in legal bills if the case drags on (like they always do)."

"If you screw up, you go to jail. Even if you do everything right, you get sued and have to pay your life savings to an attorney to defend you. That’s the reality when you come to someone’s assistance in our current political climate. You need to do some hard thinking about who you are willing to defend and when you should walk away."

"As much as I appreciate this woman’s actions in saving the officer, I can’t advise that as a good strategy for my students. The consequences are simply too great. John Mosby’s words “Not my people. Not my problem.” keep passing through my thoughts as I write this."

Ricco, thank you for sharing yet another real event that really happened to a real person. Really. REALity sucks but it's something we must recognize even if we don't understand, don't want to understand or can't understand.

Sharing such information shows that you truly care for your fellow CCWer whether you want to admit it or not. You could just as easily turned a blind eye and pretended it never happened and not shared the event with the rest of us. I am better equipped to make the best decisions I can in the event I'm forced to defend myself or a loved one because of this.

As the number of people who want to create their own reality grows I appreciate those who don't more and more.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
        X