Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGO

If this is true,

"Almost every class I ask students what was the biggest thing that held them back from initially taking a firearms course....whether they're a cop, armed responder, guy or girl...the answers always the same.
    EGO. Not money or time or gear..but the possibility of not being as good as we think, being embarrassed or just lack of basic knowledge."

And suspect it is, how very sad

Recently I posted an article that said people weren't going to gyms because of self esteem issues

I've been to lot's of classes and spent lot's of time in gyms and dojo's and I'll let you in on a little secret, as long as you don't act like an *** and are safe and respectful no one will pay you any attention

People who are there to learn will be too busy to notice you and people that aren't there to learn don't deserve you fretting about what they think

Not having all the answers is why you are going to class, if you already possessed all the necessary knowledge and skills you wouldn't need to be there

Stop comparing yourself to other people, those other people won't be with you in dimly lighted parking lot, it'll just be you and the BG

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

EGO is a big issue with most men. Women have a lesser expectation and often make better students because they actually listen,

I don't dance, being a "country boy" with no girls around. At the 8th grade graduation party Patti Jo Saladino asked me to dance. I said I'd like to talk. I was nuts about her. She went awy to find someone who woud dance. I didn't want to look clumsy.

EGO and fear of rejection or "looking stupid" is a major factor in shooting, flying or dancing.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Thanks
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
      X