X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Comments on TDI’s “Snubby Revolver” Class"

If you carry a snubby this might of interest

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...uJHrU93Hr1lKp8
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

So they shot on a square range, and recommend buying gee gaws and using sights.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Grips- Grips were mostly rubber and many sported a laser. A few people had issues with interference with their speed loaders. Check your grips to make sure they are relieved on the left side of the revolver to accommodate the speedloaders that you use. If your speedloaders won’t fit into the cylinder, get some new grips or dremel off the offending chunk of rubber that is blocking their insertion. I like how the soft rubber grips feel, but under recoil they almost peel the skin off your palm. Be prepared if you plan on doing a lot of shooting with the soft rubber grips. We saw plenty of Coban appearing on day two of the class to cover up blisters and raw spots caused by the soft rubber.
      I've done this with my S&W 627. Admittedly not a snub (it is an N-frame and mine has a 4" tube) but I couldn't get the round closest to the frame to extract, so I cut the Pachmayr Compac grip so that it would. Might not look too good, but it works for me.

I've not had this to happen to me with my 627. I don't really care that much for J-frames although I don't loathe them like ricco seems to. But the 627 is a lot bigger and the recoil will be much milder than that of a J-frame with the same round.
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

A lot of the noted issues with the grips causing blisters and such most likely wouldn't be common for most people unless they frequently fire a lot of rounds. The article didn't mention how many were fired in the course, but I'd venture a guess it was a lot more than most folks would shoot up in a regular practice regimen. Ace2
        ​​​​​​
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I have shot a lot of J frame rounds, the worst 5 through a Scandium .357. The SS 640 with service panels and a Tyler is fine.
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

Seems like a lot of effort for a tool that doesn't perform as well as other more efficient options.
            Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Well. I guess like my J-frames... shoot them OK, too.
              Can I hit at 50 or 100? Yes, eventually. Is that what I ever envision doing with one? Not at all.
              I am supremely confident that I can put five COM in a man sized target in short order though. I don't think I'll ever be called to do that, much less much more.

Stud in CA at the synagogue shooting went after the perp with someone else's J-frame. Shot out the window of a leaving car.
              Not sure I'll ever get to do that, (and I'm in no way throwing shade. Guy's a hero) because I'll be carrying something better... but that's CA for you.
              Je Suis Charles Martel...

Comment

I have a Colt Det. Spec snubby that has repeatedly put 4 out of 6 on a steel pig at 100yds. Small guns can shoot.
                Admittedly, if I were attacked by steel pigs, I would prefer other armament.
                NRA Life Member
                Rest in Peace, Joseph Wilcox

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
                  Seems like a lot of effort for a tool that doesn't perform as well as other more efficient options.
                  So, did you go to the site that generated this info, educate them, police our own, and change hearts and minds, or just pop in to feel superior?

Comment

As the crickets sing their sweet song.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

So, did you go to the site that generated this info, educate them, police our own, and change hearts and minds, or just pop in to feel superior?
                      Educate him on what exactly?

Comment

Did you post what you did here on the OPs site?

Comment

Enough already, he couldn't comment if he wanted to

Posted onApril 28, 2015 by Greg Ellifritz

"Comments are closed."

Good grief, if you're not going to read all the article, don't comment on it

Go spout your nonsense somewhere else
                          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

You asked if I educated him. I'd really like to know what you think I should be educating him on.

Comment

Four year old post that is locked. How is that an exchange of ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X