Your Tactical Training Scenario- Surprise Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Tactical Training Scenario- Surprise Attack

"I know what some of you are thinking: “That could never happen to me. I maintain a perfect 360 degree awareness of my surroundings at all times.”

Bull****. If you truly believe such crap, just stop reading now. I can’t help you. Go back to living in your fantasy world."

"The issue is what my friend Craig Douglas calls “unequal initiative.” In real life attacks, criminals get to go first. Oftentimes, their first move happens before you even recognize you are playing the game. That reality isn’t reflected in most folks’ practice programs."

BUT....but....but....what about timers, look at my splits

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...XFrb5LeS3D0cX8
    Last edited by ricco; 05-13-2019, 04:34.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

I remember the first time I heard Douglas speak on the criminal assault paradigm = unequal initiative, unequal armament, and the fact that we'll likely be outnumbered. Meaning more than likely an attack is going to be a surprise by 2 or more attackers who already have their weapons at the ready. People aren't building skill to deal with such an incident.

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
    X