It's Not Just BG's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not Just BG's

Carry a weapon, even if you don't like guns for cryin' out loud carry somethin'

To quote one of my teachers, "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons and scales than there are things that are warm, fuzzy and full of love. It's a simple Fact ! ~ J.A.K.

"Iowa father hailed a hero after he dies while saving daughter, 5, from dog attack"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/iowa-fath...tMQQr-FMB-0rLE
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Common sense...

ANYTHING is better than NOTHING.

And...a Dad who did what any good Dad would do. RIP.
    Originally posted by mjkeat;
    The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jagdawg View Post
      Common sense...

ANYTHING is better than NOTHING.

And...a Dad who did what any good Dad would do. RIP.
      You have full control of what you decide to carry. If you're carrying a subpar tool or no tool at all it is 100% on you. There's no reason to have to fall back on such a flawed saying.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

I would have stuck a bowie knife into its chest and opened it up.
        PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post
          I would have stuck a bowie knife into its chest and opened it up.
          "I would have, I would have"

You have no damn clue what you would have done. The guy suffered from a heart attack at the scene while he was being attacked. He later died over the weekend from a heart attack.

He was 33 and died of a heart attack. He didn't fit the profile as anyone prone to having a heart attack at age 33.

I don't care what guru you follow or what you pretend to yourself that you know. No one has a tool in their arsenal that fixes having a sudden heart attack while being mauled by an animal. If you try to tell me you do, you are a damn liar.

He could have had a Howitzer cannon, a long sword, 25 years of kill-u-ju-jitsu, thermal + infrared googles and level 4 body armor on hand but have still died of a heart attack from carrying that crap.
          Last edited by fixxer; 06-06-2019, 17:55.
          For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
          And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
          And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
          And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
          -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

From the comments section

Maybe it's true, maybe not

FROM HIS SISTER This man is my brother and who ever did this article most certainly did not do their homework. My brother was at a house that was not his looking at a new car and had his daughter with him. My niece tried to pet the dog that belonged to the people at that residence, which was a brown boxer. It did not belong to my brother. The dog attacked her and my brother jumped on top of the dog to stop it. The dog began to attack him after that. We don't have the autopsy report back to say for sure his cause of death. However, at the hospital the medical investigator showed us his findings and told us what he suspected was the cause of death. My brother had 2 arteries that appeared to b punctured, one n his neck and one n his arm. I hope this clears things up and puts an end to the nasty words I keep reading on here. My brother is a hero.
            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
              From the comments section

Maybe it's true, maybe not

FROM HIS SISTER This man is my brother and who ever did this article most certainly did not do their homework. My brother was at a house that was not his looking at a new car and had his daughter with him. My niece tried to pet the dog that belonged to the people at that residence, which was a brown boxer. It did not belong to my brother. The dog attacked her and my brother jumped on top of the dog to stop it. The dog began to attack him after that. We don't have the autopsy report back to say for sure his cause of death. However, at the hospital the medical investigator showed us his findings and told us what he suspected was the cause of death. My brother had 2 arteries that appeared to b punctured, one n his neck and one n his arm. I hope this clears things up and puts an end to the nasty words I keep reading on here. My brother is a hero.
              Okay.
              We'll play the game and follow the progress of the medical examiner because this is going to go full legal.

We'll see if a knicked artery on his arm or neck caused him to day INSIDE a hospital days later. If it did, that is going to be a malpractice suit and we'll find out.

If if didn't, it's going to up the criminal charges on the owner of the animals.

And NO, we won't be following social media and blogs. That garbage is for chumps.
              -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

I was curious

It seems that blood loss CAN result in a heart attack, so either or

From the Mayo Clinic

Acute coronary syndrome

Overview

"Acute coronary syndrome is a term used to describe a range of conditions associated with sudden, reduced blood flow to the heart.

One such condition is a heart attack (myocardial infarction) when cell death results in damaged or destroyed heart tissue. Even when acute coronary syndrome causes no cell death, the reduced blood flow changes how your heart works and is a sign of a high risk of heart attack."

Comment

I recall a report years ago, from near Manhattan I think. A school bus driving arrived at a stop and saw a child up a tree from a dog pack.
                  The boy didn't want to miss the bus and climbed down. Dogs attacked.

Bus driver honked horn. School buses are "gun free zones."

Sheriff arrived, I guess the bus drive radioed. Deputy shot and killed dogs.

A fixed blade or a sharp one hand folder is a minimum. Noise doesn't really work. A single dog can be handled, but a dog pack can be a 100 dogs. Packs that size closed deer hunting season in southern Illinois years ago. Dog dumped from St. Louis and East St. Louis ran wild in southern Illinois.
                  The state said lock up your dogs, any dog running loose will be shot. No license required, Illinois residency not required.

"EVIL GUNS" ended the problem.
                  The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                  If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                  I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
                    I recall a report years ago, from near Manhattan I think. A school bus driving arrived at a stop and saw a child up a tree from a dog pack.
                    The boy didn't want to miss the bus and climbed down. Dogs attacked.

Bus driver honked horn. School buses are "gun free zones."

Sheriff arrived, I guess the bus drive radioed. Deputy shot and killed dogs.

A fixed blade or a sharp one hand folder is a minimum. Noise doesn't really work. A single dog can be handled, but a dog pack can be a 100 dogs. Packs that size closed deer hunting season in southern Illinois years ago. Dog dumped from St. Louis and East St. Louis ran wild in southern Illinois.
                    The state said lock up your dogs, any dog running loose will be shot. No license required, Illinois residency not required.

"EVIL GUNS" ended the problem.
                    Close, Jim, but no cigar. It was off Hwy US 77, north of Junction City, South of the town of Milford. I know the bus driver. Here is a link to details of the case.

http://leerburg.com/rot-kill.htm

also
                    https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ks-supreme-court/1459039.html
                    Last edited by Goodtime Charlie; 06-08-2019, 17:28.
                    http://youtu.be/ei8OK4WdoW0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CuH...e=channel_page
                    http://www.stoppingpower.net/comment...tervention.asp
                    http://youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk
                    https://youtu.be/Iy71umadb6k

Comment

Thanks for the correction and update.
                      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                        I was curious

It seems that blood loss CAN result in a heart attack, so either or

From the Mayo Clinic

Acute coronary syndrome

Overview

"Acute coronary syndrome is a term used to describe a range of conditions associated with sudden, reduced blood flow to the heart.

One such condition is a heart attack (myocardial infarction) — when cell death results in damaged or destroyed heart tissue. Even when acute coronary syndrome causes no cell death, the reduced blood flow changes how your heart works and is a sign of a high risk of heart attack."
                        No **** Sherlock. When you have no blood to pump; the heart eventually stops. No one here but you had to look that up to figure it out.

Quit back-peddling and lets just wait for the Coroner to call it when it goes public.
                        -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post

No **** Sherlock. When you have no blood to pump; the heart eventually stops. No one here but you had to look that up to figure it out.

Quit back-peddling and lets just wait for the Coroner to call it when it goes public.
                          Back-peddling about what

As usual you missed the point, it's not "no blood to pump" it's merely REDUCED BLOOD FLOW that can cause a heart attack

Got it now Watson
                          Last edited by ricco; 06-10-2019, 23:36.

Comment

Working...
                          X