"Snake Bite First Aid from a Real Doctor"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snake Bite First Aid from a Real Doctor"

"It is estimated that there are over 5 million snake bites a year with over 400,000 of these resulting in a disability of some kind."

"Globally there are around 100,000 deaths from snake bites every year."

To make matters worse

"In 2015, the treatment for one California man's rattlesnake bite in the United States cost more than $150,000, with the bulk of that accounted for in pharmacy charges. That high ticket is because treatment for a bite from a venomous snake often requires six to eight vials of antivenom at around $2,300 a pop."

I've only known on person that has been bitten by a Rattlesnake, it was ugly. The grass was tall, when he felt the bite he jumped onto a fence, the snake was stuck in his pants leg. He grabbed it and threw it away from him. He was on crutches for several weeks afterward

Pretty good article on the subject

https://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/s...48IiO17tqNNTIs

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

In the USA snake bite isn't as often as Africa and Asia. Most snakes run away unless you are reaching into holes, under logs or just not paying attention.
    A snake bite cause tissue swelling and the skin resists that. A doctor I knew in OKC said that often surgery to cut the skin and allow the swelling so blood flow wasn't cut off was part of the treatment.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

On average 7000 - 8000 venomous snake bites a year in the U.S.

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venom...ake_faqs.shtml

Frequently Asked Questions About Venomous Snakes

What are my chances of dying from a venomous snakebite? How much venom is in a snake? What snake venom is most toxic? Below are the answers to these questions and more. If you have a question that is not answered here, contact Dr. J for more info. What are my chances of being bitten by a venomous snake in the U.S.?
        How many people die each year from venomous snake bites?

The chances of dying from a venomous snakebite in the United States is nearly zero, because we have available, high-quality medical care in the U.S. Fewer than one in 37,500 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S. each year (7-8,000 bites per year), and only one in 50 million people will die from snakebite (5-6 fatalities per year). Did you know that you are nine times more likely to die from being struck by lightning than to die of venomous snakebite? The graph below compares deaths from venomous snakebites to some leading causes of death, lightning strikes and other animal related deaths.

What are my chances of dying from a venomous snakebite? How much venom is in a snake? What snake venom is most toxic? Below are the answers to these questions and more. If you have a question that is not answered here, contact Dr. J for more info. What are my chances of being bitten by a venomous snake in the U.S.?
        How many people die each year from venomous snake bites?

The chances of dying from a venomous snakebite in the United States is nearly zero, because we have available, high-quality medical care in the U.S. Fewer than one in 37,500 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S. each year (7-8,000 bites per year), and only one in 50 million people will die from snakebite (5-6 fatalities per year). Did you know that you are nine times more likely to die from being struck by lightning than to die of venomous snakebite? The graph below compares deaths from venomous snakebites to some leading causes of death, lightning strikes and other animal related deaths.

Last edited by Jim Macklin; 07-11-2019, 04:12. Reason: Fixes URL
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
        X