KT Tape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT Tape

I've had some ankle instability and pain for a while (yeah, old man stuff) maybe a year, most of the time it's not a bother

If I'm doing something that requires a lot of pivoting, heavy bag, Tai Chi, GOTX drills, etc., I notice it

So I thought I would give KT Tape a try, so far so good

A single wrap has survived 2 workouts, 2 Tai Chi practice sessions and a Tai Chi class, so far it's sweat and shower resistant

I have some serious doubts that the tape has any ability to heal but for light stability issues it seems to work fairly well
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Yeah, it's good stuff. I little pricey, but holds like no other. On the plus side, it will also remove any unwanted hair in the vicinity of where it's placed. I also used it for ankle issues. One has a partial fusion since way back when the USN decided that was the way to fix multiple tears. Hurts like hell when I pronate/supinate on trivial things such as clumpy ground, so the kenesthetic tape does a good job mitigating it. The trick is knowing when I'll need it.
    For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
    -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

I looked on AMAZON and they have many makers. I seem to remember that bull riders would tape their arm to reduce the stress of a bucking bull.

Saw a 105 foot roll of tape for about $30. Pre-cut tapes and shorter rolls also available.

BTW search Kinesiology tape

fixxer slightly misspelled the word.
      Last edited by Jim Macklin; 07-12-2019, 07:26.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

But fixxer knows what the hell it is, and has used it. Get back under your rock Jim
        Originally posted by kscardsfan
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Images for rodeo bull rider kt taping arm

More images for rodeo bull rider kt taping armReport images

web results

KT Tape - KSCCW.com Forum for Kansas Concealed Carry www.ksccw.com/forum/training-instruction-and-competition/.../1110720-kt-tape?p...

2 days ago - 3 posts - ‎2 authors
          So I thought I would give KT Tape a try, so far so good ... to remember that bull riders would tape their arm to reduce the stress of a bucking bull.
          Last edited by Jim Macklin; 07-15-2019, 04:08.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
          I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

A friend has some pretty serious shoulder pain, most of us old guys do, and the PT he is seeing thinks taping his shoulder might help

I told him he should get it done just to see if it helps

The only problem is that you can't tape your own shoulder so unless he can teach his wife how to tape he will have go to the PT a couple of times a week

Pluses and minuses to most things
            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

I too have used it in the past with pretty astounding results. Too bad my shoulders are beyond it.

2nd world stem cell therapy is in my future.
              01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post
                I too have used it in the past with pretty astounding results. Too bad my shoulders are beyond it.

2nd world stem cell therapy is in my future.
                Have you checked out these folks?

https://kansasrmc.com/contact
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
                Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by rgroves
                If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
                Originally posted by Ace
                Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselkanic View Post

Have you checked out these folks?

https://kansasrmc.com/contact
                  Unfortunately, the stem cell therapy allowed in the US uses a stem cell that does not do as much as the "golden cells" allowed to be used out of country.
                  01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

So, is there something magical and mystical about this KT tape? Or does it basically work like the athletic tape we used in high school? Ace2
                    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post

Unfortunately, the stem cell therapy allowed in the US uses a stem cell that does not do as much as the "golden cells" allowed to be used out of country.
                      These people use your own stem cells which is the better way from what I've read.

I may give it a try one day. A friend had it with good results. He's in his late 70s and still hunts cougars behind dogs.
                      "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
                      Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by rgroves
                      If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
                      Originally posted by Ace
                      Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

Comment

Working...
                      X