• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Are On Your Own"

El Paso and Dayton

Michael Bane
    10 hrs
    Dammit, how many times do we have to say this?

1) Be armed all the time! This isn't a game played only on Tuesdays and Thursday. ALL THE TIME! The universe doesn't care whether today is the day you decided to leave the gun at home so you could wear your comfy shorts.

2) YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! Police response time was excellent -- 6 minutes -- but 20 people still died. You will decide in that 6 minutes whether you and yours live or die. You...only you.

3) Have a damned plan...ANY plan! Where might the threat come from? Where are the exits? Where is cover? Concealment? Additional weapons? A quick plan when you step into a new place takes seconds, SECONDS!

4) Where is your spouse or your kids? Did they head out on their own? Where? Do they have a place to meet you? HAVE YOU TALKED TO THEM ABOUT THE UNTHINKABLE?

5) Carry medical gear! Don't get all wound around the axle about which tourniquet to,choose -- HAVE ONE! And have the knowledge to SAVE LIVES!

6) If it sounds like a gun, IT'S A GUN! It's not fireworks; it's not a car backfiring; it's not someone dropping a big tin box -- it is gunfire! Act accordingly! Every single second you hesitate brings you -- and your family -- closer to death.

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Taking the time to create a plan and discuss it and rehearse it with your family. Going to the trouble of carrying a firearm and med kit everywhere and all the time. Making the effort to keep tabs on loved ones everywhere they go. Then, "Don't get all wound around the axle about which tourniquet to,choose -- HAVE ONE!" I don't get it. I'm not saying get wound around the axle but if you're going to put all that time and effort into the other things why not do the same when selecting the tools you're going to be lugging around. I'd rather lug around the most appropriate tools than force myself to lug around lesser gear. I understand that a mediocre tool is often going to be better than nothing. Something is often times better than nothing. You can still drive nails with a garbage hammer but not as efficiently as with a properly balanced hammer made of higher quality steel and of the right weight.

Just have one, should never be a concept/principle people with foresight and time should follow nor spread.

It takes no more effort or time to make good decisions.

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
      I understand that a mediocre tool is often going to be better than nothing. Something is often times better than nothing.
      Progress.... Good job.
      That wasn't so hard to admit after all..was it?
      Originally posted by mjkeat;
      The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jagdawg View Post

Progress.... Good job.
        When you're stuck with a mediocre tool for life, you have to embrace it. Much like we have here at dotcom
        01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Progress.... Good job.
          Never said a subpar tool wasn't better than nothing. What I have said is, there is no excuse for possession of or reliance on subpar tools as a civilian who has complete control over the tools they utilize. Also, there is no excuse for the support of such a concept as it is irresponsible, lazy and dangerous.

Whats the average age of the members on this site?
          Last edited by mjkeat; 08-05-2019, 00:37.

Comment

.....there is no excuse for possession of or reliance on subpar tools as a civilian who has complete control over the tools they utilize.
            Says you and your personal definition of "sub-par".
            ​​​
            Also, there is no excuse for the support of such a concept as it is irresponsible, lazy and dangerous.
            No...it's not.

I'll support anyone who wishes to start or expand their self-defense journey. Regardless of their choices, I might eventually encourage other ideas, but I'd never consider other folks or myself irresponsible, lazy, or dangerous just for choices that don't specifically follow your mantra.

You gotta might big head Keat.

Not many begin the journey as a full-on tacti-cool keyboard warrior G19 Ninja Family Super Protector (ex-trainer) Dad. Right? I mean...you should know. So...just because you found your way...get out of the way...and let others be encouraged, and not discouraged, about their own journey. Or...their own choices.

Your Jim Jones like obsession of trying to get everyone to drink your kool-aid is more harmful than good to the gun community. Your gun forum information policing badge needs revoked.

​​​

Comment

Says you and your personal definition of "sub-par".
              ​​​

No...it's not.

I'll support anyone who wishes to start or expand their self-defense journey. Regardless of their choices, I might eventually encourage other ideas, but I'd never consider other folks or myself irresponsible, lazy, or dangerous just for choices that don't specifically follow your mantra.

You gotta might big head Keat.

Not many begin the journey as a full-on tacti-cool keyboard warrior G19 Ninja Family Super Protector (ex-trainer) Dad. Right? I mean...you should know. So...just because you found your way...get out of the way...and let others be encouraged, and not discouraged, about their own journey. Or...their own choices.

Your Jim Jones like obsession of trying to get everyone to drink your kool-aid is more harmful than good to the gun community. Your gun forum information policing badge needs revoked.

​​​
              So why would a method or tool work best for one person but not for another in two similar circumstance excluding a significant injury or handicap?

Comment

Why are there so many different methods and tools...and choices...for everyone?

Are you the self-appointed self-defense God? You should be rich. But you're stuck policing an obscure forum. It's funny..kinda. Sad too.

People are different. Attitudes are different. Levels of caring are different. Mindsets are different. Physical differences abound, regardless of injury or handicap.

There are 15 different claw hammers at Home Depot. They sell all 15. Some folks like the ones you don't, and are more productive and proficient with them than you'll ever be with yours, regardless of training.

What car or truck do you drive? Is it the best possible choice? Or is it "sub par"? Is it the safest vehicle possible to protect you and your family?
                What shoes do you wear? Are they the best choice?
                What kind of roof do you have on your house? Is it the best choice?
                What type of fire extinguisher do you have?
                What neighborhood do you live in? Is it the best choice?
                ​​​​​​​Do you conceal carry an AR pistol? I mean, you could ..if you dressed around it.

Who is to say what's best?
                ​​​​​
                Choices are ok. Some are made by necessity. Some are limited by finances. Some by comfort. Some..just because.

Comment

Wow,this ^^^^ is the best post I ever read in this Forum.
                  I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be. - KV

Comment

Originally posted by DVC View Post
                    Wow,this ^^^^ is the best post I ever read in this Forum.
                    You think that a Do Whatever You Want post is the best thing you have ever read on this forum, seriously
                    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Why are there so many different methods and tools...and choices...for everyone?

Are you the self-appointed self-defense God? You should be rich. But you're stuck policing an obscure forum. It's funny..kinda. Sad too.

People are different. Attitudes are different. Levels of caring are different. Mindsets are different. Physical differences abound, regardless of injury or handicap.

There are 15 different claw hammers at Home Depot. They sell all 15. Some folks like the ones you don't, and are more productive and proficient with them than you'll ever be with yours, regardless of training.

What car or truck do you drive? Is it the best possible choice? Or is it "sub par"? Is it the safest vehicle possible to protect you and your family?
                      What shoes do you wear? Are they the best choice?
                      What kind of roof do you have on your house? Is it the best choice?
                      What type of fire extinguisher do you have?
                      What neighborhood do you live in? Is it the best choice?
                      ​​​​​​​Do you conceal carry an AR pistol? I mean, you could ..if you dressed around it.

Who is to say what's best?
                      ​​​​​
                      Choices are ok. Some are made by necessity. Some are limited by finances. Some by comfort. Some..just because.

It what way are people different that would effect a variance in what is best from person to person?

Comment

Biology. Chemistry. Physics.
                        and
                        although somewhat flawed, psychology.

Physiological differences exist. Combined with above, create infinite mix on how an individual is different.

Variance is a lump average stat tool. Not an individual measure.

​Now...your turn. Really interested in your car/truck choice...since getting in a wreck is more probable than getting in a gunfight to protect your family. Serious about being family protector and all...
                        Last edited by jagdawg; 08-05-2019, 20:59.

Comment

To paraphrase an earlier post by a wise man--or maybe a wiseguy: jag, you do realize your arguing with TMK, right? Ace2
                          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Not arguing, discussing

Comment

Biology. Chemistry. Physics.
                              and
                              although somewhat flawed, psychology.

Physiological differences exist. Combined with above, create infinite mix on how an individual is different.

Variance is a lump average stat tool. Not an individual measure.

​Now...your turn. Really interested in your car/truck choice...since getting in a wreck is more probable than getting in a gunfight to protect your family. Serious about being family protector and all...
                              How so specifically?

To make it easier let's focus on stance, what would make one stance best for o e person but not for another in the context of personal defense?
                              Last edited by mjkeat; 08-06-2019, 02:29.

Comment

Working...
                              X