• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Overload

"If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got"

Good training philosophy from Mick Coop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FT...SsBYFOpw2WHDOw
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Originally posted by ricco View Post
    "If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got"

Good training philosophy from Mick Coop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FT...SsBYFOpw2WHDOw
    It's human behavior for those who really want to learn. With failure comes a drop in dopamine which pushes the driven to try harder.

My first thought withing the first minute of the video was, this is why standardized testing and qual courses are such a bad idea. They encourage underperformance. Welp, I passed the test I'm good enough, no reason to train or practice anymore, I checked that box, next.
    Last edited by mjkeat; 08-10-2019, 04:12.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Training creates "habit patterns." I recall a shooting report from years ago; an IPSC competitor and cop got into a gun fight and raised his hands into an IPSC ready before he drew. Another report was a cop was picking up his empties during a firefight.

Some habits are good and some are bad. Some training is better organized to be random, requiring the person to think and not "just react."
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
        Training creates "habit patterns." I recall a shooting report from years ago; an IPSC competitor and cop got into a gun fight and raised his hands into an IPSC ready before he drew.
        I've always said, all I need to clear a room, is a timer going off.
        01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Let
          Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post

I've always said, all I need to clear a room, is a timer going off.
          Let God sort 'em out?...lol.
          Last edited by jagdawg; 08-10-2019, 17:59.
          Originally posted by mjkeat;
          The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

At some agency, don't remember which but don't matter, their signal to fire during training/quals was a whistle. Two cops from that agency confronted a miscreant, who pulled a gun and was fixin' to shoot the younger cop. Younger cop stood there with his gun presented, and.....just stood there with his gun presented. Older cop shot the bad guy, later questioned the younger cop why he didn't shoot. Younger cop said he was waiting for the whistle. I seem to remember that agency changed that part of their training. Seems this was in Kalifornia, but not sure and it don't matter.
            There is instruction, there is training, and there is teaching. Ace2
            Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Working...
            X