Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight back to your Feet, with Craig Douglas

Good stuff here

Given that my primary interest these days are senior citizens I will focus on that here, you young guys are on your own

If you have broken the 60 year old mark you have probably discovered that maybe your balance isn't what it once was

You have probably also discovered that getting up off the floor isn't as easy as it once was

Combine the above with the older we get the more we look like BG food and we see a very real problem

I don't necessarily agree with the current contention that all fights go to ground but the older we get the greater the possibility that we will fall during a physical confrontation cannot be overlooked

You can't just watch this and hope to pull it off while a thug is putting the boots to you, you have to practice

Start doing some regular stretching exercises, most civic centers have a senior Yoga class you can take advantage of, swallow your pride and go, the TV and your easy chair will still be there when you get home

Also, once again we see the value of a air soft pistol for practicing self defense, trying to practice this live fire will likely send a bullet over the berm

Get an air soft pistol and you can practice most anywhere where there is nothing breakable

ETA

Wear real shoes

For the senior a good lug sole and and ankle support makes you better able to fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=2JEk9XlpauM
    Last edited by ricco; 08-13-2019, 18:32.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown
Working...
X