Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Fight or Flight Explained | There are Five Responses |.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fight or Flight Explained | There are Five Responses |.....

..... The "Mama Bear" Fallacy"

hard2hurt
    Published on Aug 14, 2019

"The term "fight or flight" gets misused and abused fairly often. In this video I explain to Kristian and Jay the actual possible responses: fight, flight, posture, submit and freeze. These responses can be involuntary but with training and practices we can make strategic choices about which response to employ. Also I say a couple of REALLY unpopular things. My first encounter with the idea of adding posture and submit to fight or flight as acute stress responses was in Lt. Col Dave Grossman's book On Killing: https://amzn.to/2KAlnW0"

**LANGUAGE**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6MLshcgGkQ
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Fight, posture and submit, I have a hard time with him saying these can be involuntary.

Anyway, the last couple or so minutes of the video provide some good guidance. Submitting is definitely a good option. His momma bear thing is good too. Just like when guys say what and how they'll react/respond. Maybe but probably not unless you've established those neural pathways.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
      Fight, posture and submit, I have a hard time with him saying these can be involuntary.
      Agreed

The only untrained response of the five mentioned that is involuntary is "freeze"

I will interested to see what he has to say about the Freeze Response in later videos

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Agreed

The only untrained response of the five mentioned that is involuntary is "freeze"

I will interested to see what he has to say about the Freeze Response in later videos
        Freeze is the collection and processing of info. Everyone experiences it to some extent. The stronger/deeper our good ruts the quicker and more appropriate our decisions which means a quicker and more appropriate response.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
        X