Popeye's Chicken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popeye's Chicken

The employees did the right thing here, I think.

https://www.theblaze.com/eric-bollin...dwich-sold-out

Now, let's alter the scenario a bit where it happens inside the store. You're inside eating some of this delicious chicken and the angry customer does his thing. What do you do?
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Leave.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Yeah, leave
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Trying to leave may cause the shooter to take notice of you. If you are just entering or in line to order and you can do it without the bastard noticing you, I'd agree. If you're already seated, you're probably better off staying where you are so as not to startle the shooter. If he sees a movement in his peripheral vision, he might think of it as a threat and start shooting in your direction.

Thoughts?
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Comment

Later
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Discretely draw under the table and look for the best exit point.

ETA: FWIW I always request a seat with a wall to my back in a conventional restaurant. I never sit close to the Point Of Sale anywhere. I will actually take my food to go if I'm on the road and sit in my truck and eat. Then I get to listen to what I want, watch what I want; and best of all, not have to hear Mr. or Mrs. Loudmouth yammer. Its a win-win.
            Last edited by fixxer; 09-07-2019, 22:48.
            For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
            And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
            And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
            And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
            -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
              Trying to leave may cause the shooter to take notice of you. If you are just entering or in line to order and you can do it without the bastard noticing you, I'd agree. If you're already seated, you're probably better off staying where you are so as not to startle the shooter. If he sees a movement in his peripheral vision, he might think of it as a threat and start shooting in your direction.

Thoughts?
              I'm betting everyone freezes just like in the movies. Right? No, not likely. Where is gun guy's focus? On what is causing his aggravation, the reason he's making bad decisions, the people who don't have the chicken that he came for? Where are they typically located? In a position that is advantageous for patrons to slip out? What level of focus is gun guy likely experiencing? An elevated level of focus concentrated in the center of his field of view? I ask because I've never been in a popeyes.

Comment

Correct; his focus is on the employees at that point in time. but if he sees movement in his peripheral vision, his focus can shift. Invisibility (i.e., his not noticing you) is likely to be the best protection in that case. If you are near the door and can safely exit, by all means do so and call 9-1-1. Otherwise be as quiet and as still as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post
                  Discretely draw under the table and look for the best exit point.

ETA: FWIW I always request a seat with a wall to my back in a conventional restaurant. I never sit close to the Point Of Sale anywhere. I will actually take my food to go if I'm on the road and sit in my truck and eat. Then I get to listen to what I want, watch what I want; and best of all, not have to hear Mr. or Mrs. Loudmouth yammer. Its a win-win.
                  That;'s what I try to do as well.

Comment

Correct; his focus is on the employees at that point in time. but if he sees movement in his peripheral vision, his focus can shift. Invisibility (i.e., his not noticing you) is likely to be the best protection in that case. If you are near the door and can safely exit, by all means do so and call 9-1-1. Otherwise be as quiet and as still as you can.
                    Their focus can shift. Absolutely. They can also grow wings and fart eggs. If we understand hyper focus/rise in visual acuity in the center of our field of vision due to an increase in bloodflow we understand the likelihood of that.

We also need to think about how our words influence.

Do you believe everyone is going to be seated quietly? I don't but I wouldn't mind hearing reasons why you might think so.

Comment

I don't think so either. If the BG's focuses on the other bystanders, that's on them. I'm staying put until it's over. Besides, being so acutely focused on what they're doing, so why would they notice anything else?
                      Last edited by gerhard1; 09-08-2019, 01:52. Reason: typo

Comment

I don't think so either. If the BG's focuses on the other bystanders, that's on them. I'm staying put until it's over. Besides, being so acutely focused on what they're doing, so why would they notice anything else?
                        So if people won't remain seated, we're on the same page, then my getting up and moving wouldn't likely be out of the norm thus drawing extra attention my way, would it?

Comment

Ask Julie Dombo.
                          Last edited by Not so big Tom; 09-08-2019, 03:51.
                          Originally posted by kscardsfan
                          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                            Ask Julie Dombo.
                            Apples and oranges

Comment

Everybody took my answers so yeah, that's what I would do.........or not do..........whichever

Comment

Working...
                              X