Active killer, ccw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active killer, ccw

Iíve been thinking a lot lately about active killer events. Iím convinced that it is getting incrementally more and more dangerous to intervene in such an attack.

Iíve talked to lots of my students and readers lately. All of them are good people who want to do the right thing. Many of them have heroic ideas about how they might stop such a killing. Iím glad they are willing to risk their lives to save others. I fear that they havenít really evaluated the dangers associated with an intervention.

You are a single person armed with your normal concealed carry pistol. You are going up against an unknown threat. It may be a single deranged teen armed with a revolver. It might be 10-15 terrorists armed with assault rifles and explosives. You have no body armor, radio communications, or friends with guns. What is your response?

Donít think this through casually. This is a very important question to answer. This isnít the movies, and your name isnít John McClain. The odds here SUCK! You are fighting an opponent who may tremendously outnumber you and likely has superior weaponry. The way I see it, you have three response options. Letís brainstorm those options as I provide a ďchoose your own adventureĒ checklist of things to consider for each oneÖ

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...armed-citizens
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

"I once had a student in a scenario class who ran out of the scenario when he had a clear option to shoot the bad guy and save some lives. I asked him why he left and he said:"

“My gun is for me. Those people had the same opportunity I did to seek high level defensive training and carry their own weapon. The chose to sit around and watch TV instead. Why should I risk my life for them?”

No, this wasn't me but I agree 100%

I will add, also having to deal with the post incident criminal justice industry which can be even more harrowing than dealing with the criminals

Option 2- Assist as many people out of the area as possible.

– Do you actually have the physical stamina to pull this off?

Interesting thing about people, just human nature I suppose but we tend to think we are better and more capable than we really are

Saturday I was going through my conditioning routine at home and like anything else doing the same exercises over and over again get's boring

I thought I'll do some Burpees, I haven't done burpees in years, surprisingly and sadly it took me over 20 ties just to do one right

Once we break that 50-60 years old mark doing physical things we are not used to doing can be problematic, our brains tell us we can do it but our old used up bodies may not answer the call
    Last edited by ricco; 10-08-2019, 15:57.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Ricco, how about a link to credit the author?
      Originally posted by kscardsfan
      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Who is John McClain? Ace2
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

In a couple minutes of Google, I found three accounts of a reload by an armed civilian to solve an attack.

TMK, in honor of Oldstuffer, I found it easy enough, do your own damn research.
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

Now Tom, you know they must be lying. After all, it 'Google', not TMK, so which are you gonna trust? Ace2

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              Now Tom, you know they must be lying. After all, it 'Google', not TMK, so which are you gonna trust? Ace2
              Any dates for classes you're giving?

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                In a couple minutes of Google, I found three accounts of a reload by an armed civilian to solve an attack.

TMK, in honor of Oldstuffer, I found it easy enough, do your own damn research.
                That's another thread but...

Since you're asking others to provide links, could you?

Comment

I could.

Comment

ďMy gun is for me. Those people had the same opportunity I did to seek high level defensive training and carry their own weapon. The chose to sit around and watch TV instead. Why should I risk my life for them?Ē
                    If it is a bunch of kids would they have had "the same opportunity"?
                    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Well, sure, if their parents cared enough about them. Ace2

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Any dates for classes you're giving?
                        That would be fun
                        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Youtwo should go. As A KS CCW instructor his hands are tied to teach the AG approved curriculum. Not much ad lib allowed. If youtwo tatds act up, I hope he calls Pd for the disturbance and has you arrested.

Comment

That's all he teaches?

ETA

How disappointing, I was thinking I could get some real high speed low drag training
                            Last edited by ricco; 10-10-2019, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                              That's all he teaches?

ETA

How disappointing, I was thinking I could get some real high speed low drag training
                              This is the class your cumbucket continues to challenge. Letís all go together, pick a date.

Comment

Working...
                              X