New S&W Revolver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New S&W Revolver

I like S&W revolvers and have owned a bunch over the years but this, not so much

Dunno but the vent rib just looks cheesy

https:///www.smith-wesson.com/firear...del-686-plus-0

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

As you know, I like wheelguns but that one doesn't do anything for me either.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

S&W marketing jockey, “”Everybody wants a Python. Must be the vent rib....slap one on a 686!””
      --Hollowpoint2003--

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Comment

Looks overdone. The inflated cykinder and rib might have some benefit on the 500 and 460, — give you enough mass to cut recoil. — but just looks trashy on the 686.
        Last edited by digger; 11-10-2017, 19:42.

Comment

Maybe, possibly, with a full under lug, dump the science fiction cylinder latch, and in .44Spl or Magnum (I'd prefer the SPL). Otherwise, no. Ace2
          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I’m at a loss leaving the cylinder unfluted for weight, then carving off half the barrel rib and underlug. Makes me all WTF, like lightening slots in a GLOCK slide. Makes me glad I bought my 686 in the ‘80s.
            Originally posted by kscardsfan
            Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
            Originally posted by zap
            Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

One sort-of last thought: The front sight is interchangeable? Does that mean it will fall off at the wrong time per Murphy's law? I would bet yes.

Comment

Working...
              X