X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I Really Want One

I was really wanting one but had put it on the back burner

Now, they go and do a show on 'em and I want one again

I really want the one Suarez builds but it's out of my budget so....I dunno,,,,,,maybe

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/on-shoo...shotgun/40493/
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Pure Taliwacker, or whatever.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
    Originally posted by zap
    Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
      Pure Taliwacker, or whatever.
      Undeniable Taliwhacker. All such toys henceforth shall be known as Taliwhacker paraphanalia. This includes junk knives and swords from the Renaissance Fair and other nerd stores.

Taliwhacker talisman. LOL
      Last edited by fixxer; 01-11-2018, 18:34.
      For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
      And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
      And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
      And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
      -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Then go get one ricco,,,

I certainly have no use for one.
        My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
        MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Broke down and watched the video. Wish there'd been less talking and more showing the thing hitting high and left a lot. Seems to be a common happening with these things, hearing from some people who have shot them. Maybe need to bend the barrel to the right a bit? Ace2
          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Honestly that's just showing a direct need for practice. Going to be normal to shoot high/left for a northpaw hip shooting till they learn to compensate.

I used to shoot elimination trap with a guy who could hip shoot 2 of 3 airborne targets from 30 yards behind the house.
            My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
            MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Ace and OS, should he have slowed down to get more precise hits? Do you feel it would have been more advantageous for him to do so? Were those not accurate hits? What wpuld you recommend?
              Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Better defensive weapon. Ace2
                Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  Better defensive weapon. Ace2
                  Same thing he said. ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Ace and OS, better defensive weapon? What would that have achieved?
                    Last edited by mjkeat; 01-12-2018, 18:05.

Comment

Yeah gotta admit, a load of 00 buck in the face probably isn't much of a deterrent
                      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                        Yeah gotta admit, a load of 00 buck in the face probably isn't much of a deterrent
                        Nah. When fudds chime in...

Comment

An SBS wouldn't be a bad indoor choice as long as your prepared to deal with the consequences. Not the NFA ones since these aren't NFA items as such. Having shot shotguns indoors and having shot shortbarrels, I don't know that I would like instantly sacrificing my hearing for the rest of my life with a ported, short barrel 12ga. A little tinnitus from a pistol vs risking a full rupture is a bold choice.

That being said, there's allegedly enough energy in one shotgun blast to account for the energy of an entire 9mm Uzi magazine. I dunno if that holds true, if short barrels would affect it or if they fudged some of the testing to come up with that conclusion. I've done plenty of shotgunning without a butt stock. I have a Mossberg 500 that was sold to me in with the flipup stock configuration, which definitely was not worth shooting with the stock missing.

Without a reference point such as the shoulder. The aiming is only part of the problem. Pump cycling it and trying to get back on target was even worse to deal with. I think I still have that stock somewhere but may have tossed it. It was a joke for me to handle and basically a toy. Not to mention the flipped up stock covered the safety but that wasn't even a concern vs the way it handled.

Better to SBS the real deal and eat the tax. At least it's controllable after you get a stamp.
                          Last edited by fixxer; 01-12-2018, 18:21.
                          For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                          And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                          And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                          And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                          -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Originally posted by fixxer View Post
                            It wouldn't be a bad indoor choice as long as your prepared to deal with the consequences. Having shot shotguns indoors and having shot shortbarrels, I don't know that I would like the instantly sacrifice my hearing for the rest of my life with a ported, short barrel 12ga. A little tinnitus from a pistol vs risking a full rupture is a bold choice.

That being said, there's allegedly enough energy in one shotgun blast to account for the energy of an entire 9mm Uzi magazine. I dunno if that holds true, if short barrels would affect it or if they fudged some of the testing to come up with that conclusion. I've done plenty of shotgunning without a butt stock. I have a Mossberg 500 that was sold to me in with the flipup stock configuration was not worth shooting without a reference point such as the shoulder. The aiming is only part of the problem. Cycling it was even worse to deal with. I think I still have that stock somewhere but may have tossed it. It was a joke to handle and basically a toy. Not to mention the flipped up stock covered the safety but that wasn't even a concern vs the way it handled.

Better to SBS the real deal and eat the tax. At least it's controllable after you get a stamp.
                            The last sentence, absolutely. I do wonder if the difference makes any sort of practical difference. Then again I don't see much practical advantage or use for it in the world of CCW defense in the home. It would be fun to have around though.

As for the hearing loss, better than loss of life. I get my monthly gobment check for my hearing loss so...

I never understood why there's sometimes an indoor vs. outdoor rating attached to some defensive weapons. What makes one better for indoor vs. outdoor? Distance I presume? I always thought average distance didn't vary based on indoor/outdoor.

Comment

No, a single 12-gauge full-power shell does NOT even come close to "same energy" as 30 rounds of The 9mm God.

All 5 in a 'standard' magazine and chamber though,, does.and shreds one hell of a lot more tissue.

Run the math yourself:
                              http://www.handloads.com/calc/quick.asp

It takes a lot of work to get a 9mmP up over 400 pound-feet of energy. 30 of those is 12,000 foot pounds energy.

a single ounce of 12-gauge can be driven over 1600fps, but lets cut it to 1500 for the shortie, and that's 2,270 pound-feet of destruction, hitting 9 places simultaneously. 5 rounds is over 12,000 foot pounds, the same as firing ONE .50 Browning. 45 entrance holes

Now................ the lightweights who can't hack full-power 12-gauge, cut the 12-gauge energy to ONE THIRD for their Low-Power ammo.

Comment

Working...
                              X