First Impressions of the Bowflex Max Trainer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Impressions of the Bowflex Max Trainer

Been sitting behind a desk too much the last two years and needed to get motivated to exercise. Previously, I was pretty active going to the gym 5-6x a week, competed in Judo, active upland hunter and dog trainer. Anyway, new job and I stopped going to the gym and doing the Judo and now I am 30 lbs overweight and out of shape. Still hunting and training a dog but I am limited now due to my cardio Decided to make a change and bought this Bowflex Max Trainer M7 on clearance sale. Put it together, which was the first workout but not too bad. They say 2 people but I did it by myself in 1hr and 5 minutes. Played around with it to make sure everything worked and got off the thing 5 minutes later, sweating like I just ran a mile.

1st workout this am- Did the fit test and after 3 minutes received a pretty poor score, felt good so I started into the 7 minute Max workout on level 1. Finished it but it kicked my butt. I am wondering how long it will take me to work up to the infamous "14 minute Max workout"? Feels good at work as I sit and write this, more energy and I feel the good workout feeling in my legs, the one where you say tomorrow I am going to feel this until I work the lactic acid out. Hopefully, I can provide a more meaningful review in 30 days or so.
    Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

gladium habens libertatem habet

Outstanding, looking forward to the 30 day review

Looks like it hits the legs pretty hard what about the arms
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Its something amazing that happens when you ask more energy out your body it adapts and gives you more energy. Enjoy the euphoria that comes from exercise. With weather like this I have been missing my bicycle.
      PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Pushed through a 14 minute power interval program to see how fast the machine adjusts resistance to keep me in the interval target. It responds pretty fast and I noticed my arms and back getting into the workout on the sprint sections. The sprints were short 30 sec that took my HR to 80-85% max. I will attempt to list the order of the muscle groups I feel it most in. This is not very scientific but I will use burn, soreness level, and firmness feeling to prioritize for me.
        1. Heart/lungs/gluts/quads/hamstring.
        2. Traps/deltoids
        3. Calfs/triceps/pecs
        4. Diaphragm/abs/forearms
        5. Biceps slight firming.
        Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

gladium habens libertatem habet

Comment

Working...
        X