X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gerhard1
    started a topic Colt Combat Commander

Colt Combat Commander

I'm thinking of getting one in 9 MM primarily as a plinker and recreational gun but I am thinking of it as a carry gun at some point as well. As soon as I get a hearing aid paid for, I'll start saving my pennies.

I just watched a hilarious video you tube that showed this idiot's field-stripping one and he did it azz backwards.

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    The doctors won't let me walk until the surgery fully heals.

I have lost some weight. Maybe I'll swagger.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Hope you heal well, Jim. Wish you'da let us know; don't know what we could do, but we could at least feel for you.
    Will you be walking with a 'John Wayne' swagger now? Ace2

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    Nothing is "perfect" but every Colt built more than 20 years ago needed the tweaking of a Bill Wilson, or other skilled gunsmith to fit the parts.
    Ruger uses CNC machines and all parts are very close tolerance, Still Ruger uses assembly line workers, not pistol smiths.

BTW, I've been hospitalized for a few weeks. They cut the little toes off the left foot to save the foot.I got a new computer that I'm setting up. A DELL 5770 laptop with .a 17.3 inch screen.It will become my primary and my desktop built in 2002 will become a backup.

Leave a comment:

• gerhard1
    replied
    Bumper pads are a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
    Just got back from my range and put about 80-90 rounds through it.This time I mixed WWB and Federal American Eagle . I notice a definite improvement over the first session where I had a bunch of failures to return to battery. This time there was just one and I have no idea which brand it was.

One thing I need to do is make sure that my fingers are out of the way before I seat the magazine. I got pinched twice.
    Adding a bumper pad to magazines is a great idea.

I have a steel diamond knife sharpener that is pocket size and great for removing burrs w/o causing any dents or waves.

Leave a comment:

• Not so big Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
    I believe the rails were lubed and I know the barrel was. I field-stripped it and looked the gun over, and felt for burrs in the slide rails and on the gframe as well. I also looked the chamber over but didn't see anything. .The FTR's should disappear after a few range sessions, shouldn't they?
    No they shouldn’t. The gun should run out of the box, period. Mr. Macklin waves the Ruger flag high, but I literally gave my last Ruger pistol away because I could not trust it. Now my Vaquero, 10/22, and SP 101, solid gold. My Colt Officers refuses to choke.

You would be right back at the dealer if your truck did that crap.

Leave a comment:

• ricco
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    On mine, it's little, but it's there. Ace2
    Well, it is 9mm, so yeah..................

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    On mine, it's little, but it's there. Ace2

Leave a comment:

• gerhard1
    replied
    Does this show?

Leave a comment:

• gerhard1
    replied
    Just got back from my range and put about 80-90 rounds through it.This time I mixed WWB and Federal American Eagle . I notice a definite improvement over the first session where I had a bunch of failures to return to battery. This time there was just one and I have no idea which brand it was.

One thing I need to do is make sure that my fingers are out of the way before I seat the magazine. I got pinched twice.

Leave a comment:

• gerhard1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    A) The picture didn't come through, at least on my 'puter.

B) I've been hearing from reliable sources that WWB ammo has been having some quality control issues, lotsa low-power and poor performance issues. I've never had a problem, but I don't use it near as much as previously, but my sources include guys who shoot thousands of rounds annually, and they have stopped using it for serious competition or training. Maybe just possibly it could be that your FTR issue mighta been one of those bad rounds; then again, maybe not.

I still like to hear about the new gun. That model has made it to my temptation list. Ace2

edit to add: the 'other side' picture did come up; the first one hasn't. Ace2 again
    I wonder why the one would and the other not. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    A) The picture didn't come through, at least on my 'puter.

B) I've been hearing from reliable sources that WWB ammo has been having some quality control issues, lotsa low-power and poor performance issues. I've never had a problem, but I don't use it near as much as previously, but my sources include guys who shoot thousands of rounds annually, and they have stopped using it for serious competition or training. Maybe just possibly it could be that your FTR issue mighta been one of those bad rounds; then again, maybe not.

I still like to hear about the new gun. That model has made it to my temptation list. Ace2

edit to add: the 'other side' picture did come up; the first one hasn't. Ace2 again

Leave a comment:

• gerhard1
    replied
    The other side.

Leave a comment:

• gerhard1
    replied
    My lovely wife showed me how to post pictures from my new iPhone so here is a photo of my new Ruger.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X