• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Pistol

Umarex Glock 19

20 rounds @ 5 yards

Ought to be accurate enough for FoF
    Last edited by ricco; 05-12-2019, 20:41.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Cagit?

Good call. I am sure it will improve your skills. I need one and we can battle.
    PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerhunter View Post
      Cagit?

Good call. I am sure it will improve your skills. I need one and we can battle.
      What is a "Cagit"
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

What is a "Cagit"
        Cagit was a forum member from 6 years ago or so that first advocated practicing with airsoft on the forum. They apparently make ones that have reciprocating slides to simulate recoil

Comment

Umarex got the licence from Glock to produce airsoft pistols

Except for noise and some recoil the operation is very similar, they even work from the same holster

I probably average 200+ rounds fired from airsoft for every 50 rounds of live fire

For SELF DEFENSE practice airsoft is far more useful than live fire

Comment

Umarex got the licence from Glock to produce airsoft pistols

Except for noise and some recoil the operation is very similar, they even work from the same holster

I probably average 200+ rounds fired from airsoft for every 50 rounds of live fire

For SELF DEFENSE practice airsoft is far more useful than live fire
            I found my self hunting with a crossman 1377. with the right pellets these shoot quite accurately. It can be used to cheaply hone your accuracy.
            I would like an airsoft in p226 or g17
            Last edited by deerhunter; 05-13-2019, 03:44.

Comment

I found my self hunting with a crossman 1377. with the right pellets these shoot quite accurately. It can be used to cheaply hone your accuracy.
              I would like an airsoft in p226 or g17
              The B.S. people tell themselves. Not saying that it doesn't or won't improve precision but... You appear to scoff at FoF then bring up honing your accuracy. Priorities.
              Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

The B.S. people tell themselves. Not saying that it doesn't or won't improve precision but... You appear to scoff at FoF then bring up honing your accuracy. Priorities.
                Where did I scoff at FOF? I think it has a lot of benefits.

Comment

You have riled TMK.
                  Originally posted by kscardsfan
                  Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                    You have riled TMK.
                    If you can refrain from the insults for a moment, what do you think of the pistol

That's what the post is about

Comment

If you can refrain from the insults for a moment, what do you think of the pistol

That's what the post is about
                      I would be curious if sights hit to the same POA as your g19......

Comment

Where did I scoff at FOF? I think it has a lot of benefits.
                        Post #2.

Does it matter? What do you think you'll be doing in FoF or in an actual case of self defense with a firearm? Bullseye shooting some BG from across a parking lot? I'm actually really curious.
                        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

I suspect at five yards there would be little difference, past 10-12 yards head shots get to be a little iffy especially if the gas is starting to run out or there is some wind

The group shown in the picture is the only group I've shot with the pistol, everything else is from movement at 0-10 feet

So far reliability has been excellent

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Post #2.

Does it matter? What do you think you'll be doing in FoF or in an actual case of self defense with a firearm? Bullseye shooting some BG from across a parking lot? I'm actually really curious.
                            in post #2 I said it was a good idea.

"Cagit?
                            Good call. I am sure it will improve your skills. I need one and we can battle."

Comment

You hurt his feelings by agreeing with him, only the wrong way. These two morons will be the end of this forum.
                              Originally posted by kscardsfan
                              Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X