Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting Glasses (that fit over eyeglasses)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Glasses (that fit over eyeglasses)

All right VURD (vast unpaid research department)
    My Google-fu is failing me. I am looking for a pair of (affordable) shooting glasses that will fit over my eyeglasses.

I know that I don't technically have to wear shooting glasses, as the eye glasses do provide some protection. But I am a better safe than sorry girl, so I want an extra measure of protection.

Has anyone found some that fit over glasses? Bonus points if they come in pink or purple

Thanks, brains.
    Have a good weekend everyone!
    "Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions,
    never know too much to learn something new."
    -Og Mandino

NRA Member
    Bullet Hole Member

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-.../dp/B003TWWT5A

Like so?
    There is no "One True Way" of the gun.

Comment

We order from this company all the time. They have several styles. Just search their site.
      http://www.galeton.com/tacoma-clear-...6CV4DW28FtI%3D

Comment

@AttackBadger *facepalm* Can NOT believe I didn't hit Amazon! Durrrr
        Thanks guys! Off to check those out now.
        -Og Mandino

NRA Member
        Bullet Hole Member

Comment

When you're looking, just search for "safety glasses" instead of "shooting glasses". I don't like pink, but was hoping my electronic "ears" would be a different color than black, just so I could tell them apart from my hubby's. He bought me black, so I ended up buying some fingernail polish and painting them gold. I like the color and now our sons don't borrow mine. (We've got some non-electronic hearing protection they can use instead.)
          When a nation goes down, or a society perishes, one condition may always be found; they forgot where they came from. - Carl Sandburg

Comment

RRAmom - Good idea! I'm a purple fan really, but pink would be an acceptable substitute I am mostly just looking for something that I will enjoy wearing. I am not girly (just ask my husband!) but I do like a feminine touch here and there, ya know?

If all else fails, I think I will use your paint idea! Thanks!
            -Og Mandino

NRA Member
            Bullet Hole Member

Comment

I wear an old pair of my prescription safety glasses that I used to wear for work (replaced @ work with newer pairs).

No, I don't wear the side shields. lol
              My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
              MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by Oldstuffer View Post
                I wear an old pair of my prescription safety glasses that I used to wear for work (replaced @ work with newer pairs).

No, I don't wear the side shields. lol
                May want to rethink the sideshields OS (depending on where you shoot). A good portion of eye injuries have occurred from jacket or lead splatter coming from over the berm from the range beside where the the injured party was standing or shooting. I had just been trusting my regular glasses when I started researching eye injuries. I immediately felt I had better get something else right away. Per a buddy's advice, I ended up with Rudy Project glasses that accept a clip on smaller set of prescription glasses that mount behind the safety lenses. Slick setup. A bit pricy, but with as much shooting as I do, avoiding the possibility of losing an eye was worth it.
                "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Microwench View Post
                  RRAmom - Good idea! I'm a purple fan really, but pink would be an acceptable substitute I am mostly just looking for something that I will enjoy wearing. I am not girly (just ask my husband!) but I do like a feminine touch here and there, ya know?

If all else fails, I think I will use your paint idea! Thanks!
                  A purple Jay Hawk. LOL
                  tk

Comment

Check industrial safety supply companies, they all carry safety glasses of many kinds. Some fit over regular eyeglasses.

I have purchased eye and ear protection from this company, http://www.conney.com/Category_Eye-P...102_-1_11268_Y
                    but there are many, most large cities have an industrial supply company.

This is on the Conney site:
                    Safety Glasses

Wear safety glasses any time there is a risk of eye injury due to impact from flying debris. Whether you’re working in the woodshop or the laboratory, include safety glasses in your daily safety gear!
                    Modern safety glasses look as good as any pair of sunglasses you find in a department store and they provide eye protection. Buy stylish safety glasses made by Orange County Choppers, Body Glove, Dewalt and no one will know you’re wearing protective eyewear. They look that good!
                    Whether metal or plastic frames, safety glasses provide perfect eye protection and you won’t even notice you have them on. They’ll also comfortably rest on your face with so many versatile fitting options available. Try adjustable or padded nose piece, adjustable or padded temples for ultimate comfort and secure fit of your safety glasses.
                    Don’t forget the real reason to buy safety glasses -- the eye protection. Most safety glasses meet the ANSI Z87.1-2003 standard for impact resistance. Look for the Z87 stamped right on the frame. Safety glasses lenses are made of polycarbonate, making them lightweight and strong enough to protect from eye impact. Many polycarbonate glasses are hard coated to protect against scratches. Use these safety glasses when you’re working in a rough environment. Other polycarbonate glasses contain anti-fog coated lenses perfect for hot and humid or cold environments. You’ll never worry about limited vision from fog again.
                    Choose from many different lens colors for your safety glasses. Our most popular lens colors are clear, grey, mirrored and indoor/outdoor(I/O). All lenses provide 99% protection from ultraviolet rays. Refer to our safety glasses FAQ or let us help you pick out the right safety glasses lens for your workplace.
                    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Nice one, Jim. Those would only work with contacts. She said over glasses.

Unless you were attempting to suggest the ones that are made to your prescirption.

Dave Chase
                      Beware if you jump into the middle of some else's issues with out knowing all the facts, you just might become the bigger fool or dead.

31 July 2012. Every now and then I have a first. Here at KSCCW, I have my first individual on ignore and amazingly enough, it's not KenSteele.

Comment

They dont fit over existing glasses but I have a pair of these from ESS with the wire rx inserts, you have to buy the rx insert and have lenses made but they provide very good protection. There is a kit that was supplied to troops with a case and clear and dark lenses usually on ebay. Wiley X sells something similar also.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/ess-ice-...nsert-lab.html

Comment

depending on how "safe" you want the glasses to be....you can pick up some decent "sport" persription glasses at http://www.eyebuydirect.com/sports-sunglasses.html i found this site when i was looking for regular glasses and have several pairs of them
                          Last edited by paullie; 01-22-2012, 16:09.
                          Have you ever walked through a spider web and turned into a ninja??

Just my $1.95 (2 cents with inflation)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Chase View Post
                            Nice one, Jim. Those would only work with contacts. She said over glasses.

Unless you were attempting to suggest the ones that are made to your prescirption.

Dave Chase
                            They fit over glasses.
                            http://www.conney.com/Category_Eye-P...102_-1_11268_Y

Choose from many different lens colors for your safety glasses. Our most popular lens colors are clear, grey, mirrored and indoor/outdoor(I/O). All lenses provide 99% protection from ultraviolet rays. Refer to our safety glasses FAQ or let us help you pick out the right safety glasses lens for your workplace.

Results 1–12 of 14 Select “All” to compare items on more than one page
                            Filter by Brand
                            Filter by Product Type
                            Filter by Frame Style
                            Filter by Frame Color
                            Filter by Lens/Shield Tint
                            Filter by Lens Coating
                            Clear

Compare Image Item # Brand Description Your Price Availability Conney Item # 52946 Mfr Item # TC110XL Crews Crews Tacoma XL Safety Glasses: Black Frame, Clear Duramass Hardcoat Lens

$5.25
                            484 Conney Item # 52947 Mfr Item # TC112XL Crews Crews Tacoma XL Safety Glasses: Black Frame, Grey Duramass Hardcoat Lens

$5.50
                            32 Conney Item # 28412 Mfr Item # 3015022 Jackson Safety Jackson Safety® OTG Safety Glasses: Black Frame, Clear Anti-Fog and Hardcoat Lens

$7.85
                            The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                            I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
                            X