Too big for kansas deer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too big for kansas deer?

Is my new rifle too big for kansas deer?

heres a link..

http://www.staged.com/video?v=q0eb

Put aside your girly-man .458 Win Mag or your wimpy .50 cal and watch guys shoot a real gun, the largest center fire rifle ever made, the .950 JDJ by SSK Industries (Ohio).

Only three were ever made. This was the lightest, the carbine version, weighing
    in at 50 lbs. It shoots a .95 caliber 2,400 grain bullet at 2,100 fps using 240 grains of powder, which generates 25,400 f/lbs of muzzle energy and 277 f/lbs of recoil energy.

Each round costs $40.
    Last edited by deerhunter; 08-23-2012, 15:54.
    PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

For when you want to completely erase the history of deer ever existing on this planet.
    NRA Life Member

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility-Stan Lee

Comment

And I thought a 7mm would waste a turkey............
      "We cannot have big guns out here as far as the big guns that are out here, the semi-automatics and all of them," Muhlbauer said. "We can't have those running around out here. Those are not hunting weapons." Iowa State Rep. Dan Muhlbauer

Great quote, you redneck!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken this would require a tax stamp to be owned by a civilian.
        Impeach them all. We NEED better.

Let's see how little we can pay blue collar workers and how much we can pay CEOs and politicians, no matter the actual skills and value of either.

Comment

It almost knocked him out of his chair. I sure wouldn't want the scope anywhere near my eye when pulling the trigger.
          "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by joker View Post
            For when you want to completely erase the history of deer ever existing on this planet.
            Lmfao!!!!

Don't know why but that comment had me in stitches
            http://williamsgunworks.com

Comment

I don't think it's too much, if the bullet does kill the deer the muzzle blast definitely will!! I bet WA will make up a wildcat load for this also!!!!
              Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Telum
              Tires are like condoms; they are made of rubber, they prevent accidents, and we all want to put on a bigger size than we really need.

Comment

Kill it and cook it all at once. Ace2
                Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken this would require a tax stamp to be owned by a civilian.
                  I don't think so, this would probably fall under the same exemption as things like .600 NE and other monster cartridges that are exempted despite being greater than 1/2 inch in bore diameter.
                  Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe. --Edmund Burke

Member NRA, KSRA and SAF

The easiest fight to win is the one that never begins.

Comment

I shot a guy's .458 that he brought over with him, and said he had a .6XX rifle when he lived in So. Africa, but the USA wouldn't let him bring the rifle in with him when he moved here.
                    I was fairly impressed with the .458. Would have loved to have shot the other one.
                    * I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
                    * Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
                    * For those who said we're "stupid" & "that will never happen", welcome to the real world. How are you liking it so far ?

Comment

I love to shoot those big ones. But only choose my hunting rounds based on what I am hunting and the ranges I may encounter.

Since I love to eat venison if I am hunting deer in Kansas with a 7mm mag or larger magnum I will take a head shot as that is what I don't eat.

This one might take the head all the way to the tail so I would say it is a bit too much overkill.

tk

Comment

Versitile

A Lyman 37583 cast bullet, designed for use in a Colt 36 caliber cap and ball revolver
                        This is the 375449 300 grain bullet, the 37583 is about the same as the nose and first bands.

Loading 37583 into a .375 H&H Magnum case with 10 grains of Herco or Unique makes a fine squirrel rifle. If the squirrels don't cooperate and hide on the other side of the limb, just slip a 300 grain solid in with 60 grains of 4064.

Shoot through the tree.
                        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
                        X