Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mossberg 930 Jerry Miculek Pro (tactical series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossberg 930 Jerry Miculek Pro (tactical series)

I just picked this up from the Bullethole this week, and was lucky enough to try it out today.

Basically a 930 SPX, but has a vent rib barrel and fiber front sight instead of the m16 style front and railed receiver. The receiver is drilled and tapped for the rail though. The fore end has also been shortened to improve loading and they've beveled the loading gate. You can "ghost load" it and have 10 shots of 2 3/4.

spx

JM PRO

ALot of people complained about the 930 SPX being unreliable. JAGDAWG has one and it gave him fits for the longest time. I think he sent it back to Mossy 2 times. Lots of reported feed and ejection problems. Almost always solved by feeding it a few hundred hi brass shells.... breaking in the mating parts.

I didnt clean it, or lube it when I shot it today. Ran 40 rounds of Winchester Universal 7.5. Without a single problem. Then I ran 9 Rmeington 3" Nitro mags through it. HOLY CHRIST, that stuff is not pleasant to shoot, but gun ate it 100%, then ran another 9 of the 7.5, and it ran perfect. Id say its a big improvement over the SPX.

My only issue was the stock being too high, I was looking down the sights at an angle. I came home and put the .250" drop shims and spacer in the buttstock, and now it shoulders with me looking perfectly down the barrel.

I cannot wait to 3 gun this thing.

In my opinion, this is a perfect fit for a 3 gun shotty, and the price point is considerably less than much of the auto loading competition.
    01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    I just picked this up from the Bullethole this week, and was lucky enough to try it out today.

Basically a 930 SPX, but has a vent rib barrel and fiber front sight instead of the m16 style front and railed receiver. The receiver is drilled and tapped for the rail though. The fore end has also been shortened to improve loading and they've beveled the loading gate. You can "ghost load" it and have 10 shots of 2 3/4.

spx

JM PRO

ALot of people complained about the 930 SPX being unreliable. JAGDAWG has one and it gave him fits for the longest time. I think he sent it back to Mossy 2 times. Lots of reported feed and ejection problems. Almost always solved by feeding it a few hundred hi brass shells.... breaking in the mating parts.

I didnt clean it, or lube it when I shot it today. Ran 40 rounds of Winchester Universal 7.5. Without a single problem. Then I ran 9 Rmeington 3" Nitro mags through it. HOLY CHRIST, that stuff is not pleasant to shoot, but gun ate it 100%, then ran another 9 of the 7.5, and it ran perfect. Id say its a big improvement over the SPX.

My only issue was the stock being too high, I was looking down the sights at an angle. I came home and put the .250" drop shims and spacer in the buttstock, and now it shoulders with me looking perfectly down the barrel.

I cannot wait to 3 gun this thing.

In my opinion, this is a perfect fit for a 3 gun shotty, and the price point is considerably less than much of the auto loading competition.
    What was the price on it if you don't mind my asking? Also, post up some pics!
    "(Hillary Clinton is) very talented, very smart. She's a friend of mine, so I'm a little prejudiced." Trump 2007
    "I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great President or Vice-President." – Trump 2008
    Trump Trump 2016

Comment

How will you get it to there you aren't supposed to carry it?

tk

Comment

Sounds awesome.
        But.
        NO PiCtUREs?!?
        WTH IS WRONG WITh you?

Comment

Originally posted by tkarter View Post
          How will you get it to there you aren't supposed to carry it?

tk
          troll something else

Pics... My camera has been giving me crappy results lately. BTW, it looks just like the one above.

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

troll something else

Pics... My camera has been giving me crappy results lately. BTW, it looks just like the one above.
            I guess I can't see what you're talkin at.
            "(Hillary Clinton is) very talented, very smart. She's a friend of mine, so I'm a little prejudiced." Trump 2007
            "I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great President or Vice-President." – Trump 2008
            Trump Trump 2016

Comment

Originally posted by RIGPIG View Post
              I guess I can't see what you're talkin at.
              lol, GOT SOMEONE ON IGNORE EH?

Comment

Not yet! I was referring to your inference that there was a pic of your Mossy on this thread...
                Trump Trump 2016

Comment

stock photo from mossberg.com is in OP

Last edited by Willfully Armed; 09-17-2012, 00:55.

Comment

I gave up and went and looked for myself. That's a good looking practical shotty! Around $599 is a great price too! I'm currently in the market for a FNH SLP myself, I'd take a close look at this if I came across one in a gun shop somewhere.
                    Trump Trump 2016

Comment

it was 680 after tax

Comment

I like that nice big tang safety. I don't think I'd trade my SBE for it, but I wish my SBE had a tang safety. For that price I think I'd definitely look into one if I wanted another autoloader.
                        Impeach them all. We NEED better.

Let's see how little we can pay blue collar workers and how much we can pay CEOs and politicians, no matter the actual skills and value of either.

Comment

Too much to pay for a Mossy. I reckon most of it was for the pro and name on it.

tk

Comment

Originally posted by tkarter View Post
                            Too much to pay for a Mossy.

tk
                            You're exceptionally ridiculous tonight. This is is a far cry from the rattle trap 500s you play with.

Comment

You're exceptionally ridiculous tonight. This is is a far cry from the rattle trap 500s you play with.
                              The mossy pumps are proven far more than their autos are.

My auto says Browning on it. LOL

tk

Comment

Working...
                              X